Dream Journal No. 2 - I know

My dad is in the Air Force. In an undetermined amount of time (soon) he is being deployed. I've known for a few months now. I actually knew that it was a high possibility before I was ever supposed to know - my mom lets me know things ahead of time so I'm not blind sided and/or I don't ask questions when I'm "formally" told.

Recently my parents started talking about their wills and if he died how he would want his body kept and whatnot. He wanted to be cremated and have 1/3 of his ashes set at his old home in Louisiana, with my grandparents. The next 1/3 he wanted spread all over a bayou. The last 1/3 he wanted spread out of a jet over where we used to live in Germany. My mom spent a couple weeks trying to convince my dad that what he originally wanted was pretty much unfeasible and excessive to ask of everyone in our family. My mom and I don't visit our family in Louisiana, and my mom didn't want to go there just to spend time with her husband. So he pared it down to one cremation that we would keep in our house, where ever we happened to be living.

Ultimately this didn't freak me out. Or at least I didn't think I was freaked out about it. But the closer we get to it, the more nervous I get. Being on a helicopter is infinitely more dangerous than being on a jet. He is no longer on fixed wing, he's on a helo. This means he's closer to the ground. And he's the guy that pushes the Pararescue men out of the helo and hoists them back up. I.e: easier target.

I've always had this fear that a Casualty Notification Officer will show up at my home every time my dad gets deployed and this dream just freaked me out tenfold. I remember it vividly which is what makes it worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd had a pretty good day, no drama, minimal homework, whatever the reason I felt really good. The doorbell rang and I ran like an idiot, pretending to be a secret ninja, from my side of the house to get to the front door before the person rang again or just left. I peaked through the door's peephole and saw two men in service dress. I opened the door warily.
"Miss, we are from the United States Air Force. Are you related to MSgt Christian Williams?" The first man asked.
"Yes, I'm his daughter," I said. I started to cry, pressed my fingers to my lips and squeezed my eyes shut in an effort to stop the flood. "My mom is at work."
"Would you like to come with us?" the second man asked.
"Please," I managed to reply. I collapsed on the floor sobbing. One of the soldiers picked me up and carried me out to their van. The drive to my mom's office was a blur. I'm not even sure that I remember how they told her or what happened after that.

~~~kind of blurry here~~~

There was a funeral of some sort. THe guy that I am 100% totally in love with was there to support me as were a couple of my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some of the details are missing. If I pick this one for my story I may be able to just fill in the blanks.
August 2nd, 2012 at 08:56pm