Allstar Weekend, You Saved My Life

Seeing Allstar Weekend on Saturday was more than amazing. There isn't a feeling to describe what I felt that night. I don't just love them for their music, looks and personalities. I love them because they absolutely love what they do every night and that was evident. Brent is starting to move all over the stage and interact with fans and the rest of the band. Dillon gets into every song as if he's the only one on that stage. Cameron is still smiling every second he possibly can and taking Zach's sexual feelings towards him well. Zach, well, he gets into the songs just as much as Dillon and frankly, the rest of the guys. Zach and Dillon rock out hard to every song, every night. And then there's Michael. This tour Michael had time of his life. His drum fill in The American Dream that isn't on the track was just perfect and amazing. During Cat City and Orangutan you could tell that he was just into it. I know that he doesn't come out after shows, but fans do crowd right around him and I can't imagine that he's too good with that, but regardless, I loved every second of that concert. I met Cameron, Dillon, and Brent. Michael and Zach will be next in September.

But I don't think their enjoyment was the only thing that made this concert so amazing. I think knowing that these guys are what kept me alive one night and are keeping me from self harm and these guys are the reason I got help, I think that had a huge impact on how amazing it felt. I met with a councilor the day before I saw them and after I left I just thought of how they have helped me through so much shit and they're continuing to do that, but it's not just me.

These guys kept Sue alive through cancer. She looked forward to seeing them back in February and bought the tickets for us to see them in September. She was a little sad that she couldn't go last Saturday, but I did tell Cameron that they kept her alive. She kept going because she wanted to see them live. She had to see them live and she wanted to just meet them and watch them do what they love and be able to be at the one place I can actually be myself and not worry about anything.

At that concert I never once thought about self harm or suicidal thoughts like I have in the past. I was fine and free and able to be myself even around Brent, Dillon, and Cameron. I thought I may freak out or freeze up when I met them, but I didn't. I think my perception of them were just so spot on because of how they are on stage and in person. I can honestly say that I will remember last Saturday for the rest of my life and I will always feel the need to thank them for saving me, motivating me, and helping me back up. I think seeing them do what they love and having a mutual love for the same things is just an indescribable encounter that a lot of people can't find, but I did. And I found what I need to keep me going, but eventually that isn't enough. I can't see them live every day and I can't be around them 24/7. I can watch all the videos I want, but I had to get help and I would have never done that if I wasn't a fan of them.

I can honestly say that. I can honestly say that I would not have gotten help if I were not a fan of Allstar Weekend. I would not have anything to look forward to. I wouldn't be happy. But you know, I had a cousin who said a few things about Zach that made me Google Allstar Weekend and fall in love with them after A Different Side Of Me.

It sucks that the first time I saw them was almost a year ago, but that's what happens when you're in The Bahamas or Canada when they're in Boston. But none of that matters because their music was there for me for a while and then seeing them live was ten times better. They opened me up to the world of live music and how much music can do for you. Some people don't think it can really do a lot for you besides help you let loose, but let me tell you, without music I wouldn't have a reason to keep going. Yes, music is everything to me and I can honestly say that. I play it, see it, and listen to it. All I need in life. And now after I've been exposed to a band who genuinely loves what they do every night, I've bought tickets to three other bands this summer. It wasn't random, it was intentional. These three bands love what they do just as much as Allstar Weekend does. Coldplay kind of reminded me of Allstar Weekend and that's just what I love about these four bands; they love what they do whether they are live members or the members, they are just so freaking happy that they are doing exactly what they love and doing it every night.

I know that this didn't really describe what you guys thought I probably was, but this is honestly what went down and how I felt. I met three of the most amazing people ever! I mean, Cameron wants to meet Sue in September, Brent's stoked to see us again and wants to meet Ryan, Dillon just cleared this whole tattoo thing up for me! I mean, he tweeted me and cleared it up on Tumblr. when you find a bigger band who really cares about their fans as much as these guys do, tell me because I haven't found one besides Allstar Weekend and I don't know if I ever will, but that doesn't matter because I have them and that's all I need. If anyone disagrees with that statement, well, they can just look at my past year and see that these guys were what kept me going and alive and pulled me back up when no one else really gave a shit. <3 So thank you to the most amazing five guys I will ever know! <3
August 15th, 2012 at 04:05am