High school dress code war.

So the past two days I'v been sent home from school being suspended for my clothing. First of all I will include pictures so you can decide for yourself, but I'd like to say now I was completely appropriate. I was dressed in an out fit much like a girl would wear during the 50's or 40's the first day. I was still however told my shorts were to short and I was showing to much cleavage. They told me I could change or I'd need to leave. I felt I wasn't doing anything wrong so I left.

I was not the only one yelled at for my clothing there were many other girls and a few guys half my auditorium was almost full the first day. The guys problem was that their pants were too low so they were given huge zip ties to use as belts. A lot of the girls there were A students they never got in trouble including myself and to girls I know used to go to a catholic school only a year ago. How sluty do you really think girls who went to catholic school are dressing?

So while we were all in the auditorium the new principle went over the new dress code. What he told us was that shirts had to be just below the Atoms apple and skirts and shorts had to be and inch below your fingertips. No shoulders at all could be showing and then the next day they also added that pants that were too tight could not be worn. The pants that were to tight they talked of were skinny jeans, some regular jeans, and yoga pants. The funniest part is the same day they yelled at a girl wearing sweatpants saying they were too loose. Now all that was only said If you go into our student hand book and look at the written dress code most of all the things he said weren't even actually there. The only rule they fell under was " No extremely short or tight clothing can be worn" Which is the vaguest rule there is because they can choose what ever they want to be inappropriate just because they want to.

The Second day I was pulled out of class again for my skirt and shirt being inappropriate so I called my mother to come get me. Yesterday was picture day so a lot of the girls who also got in trouble were crying because they couldn't get their pictures taken. After my mom arrived she and my principle talked, more like screamed, with each other. The day before my father emailed all of the school board leaders and people, the state representative, our local news paper, and many other people because my parents both believe the school is being ridiculous. There was one girl I know who is in a few classes with me who was also suspended for wearing a shirt that is like most shirts girls wear today and there was nothing wrong with it.

It's been known that The new principle is trying to get uniforms approved for us to wear next year but he's been having problems getting it passed. So my family and I think he's making the dress code as strict as possible trying to get us into unofficial uniforms. I go to a public school they shouldn't be able to do this. I'm not changing the way I dress for them. I will keep going to school everyday having them suspend me until they just kick me out, or my mom thinks I'v missed enough school.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9koe4voVy1r16jgjo1_100.jpg - first day outfit

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mugeGxXg1r16jgjo1_500.jpg - second day outfit

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9mvodHYdy1r16jgjo1_250.jpg - other girls shirt
September 1st, 2012 at 04:16pm