DON'T Mind YOUR Own Business

About 2 hours ago my sister went outside because she heard yelling. The moment I heard my sister ask 'Is he bothering ? Do you want to come inside?', I sprinted into action. My first thought that it was man, possibly messing with some child. As it got louder my mom, my dad, and I all went to go make sure everything was ok.

Well, it was a woman in her twenties. She and the man were having a verbal argument, and it was progressing into a physical argument. I could tell because she kept yelling, "Don't touch me, get your hands off of me,'. As she was trying to come up our driveway, he got in his black mercedes and kept yelling at her to get in. She was set on walking home.

This is where the DON'T mind YOUR own business comes into play. You see, my mom kept telling us all to go back inside and let them deal with it. But that's not what should happen. She needed help, and that was clear. It was also clear that she was scared. But once she heard and saw my moms reaction she began to walk away.

That should not have happened because as we were walking inside, my sister and I ever so slowly, we heard her scream for help. We both took off running to the car, but at the moment it was about fourty feet away. Since I was closer I ran after it, barefoot might I add, but she was quickly shoved into the car, the door slammed shut as she was screaming, and he sped away.

If we would not have let her go, we could be sure that she was safe. That's why you need to stand up for people, even if it has nothing to do with you. I hear all the time 'Don't be the hero, because the hero always dies'. But you know what? I don't care. I would rather die, knowing I tried to stop something from happening that could have easily been me, than sit back and watch something terrible happen.

As we called the police, my sister and I got into one car. And my mom and dad into another. We took off in opposite directions to see if we might be able to find the car and get the plate number. But we couldn't find it.

We met the police back at the house, and they took down all of our information and our witness accounts. But there was nothing more we could do, at least that's what I'm told.

But I refuse to believe that. That man, lives on our street, the woman said it herself. So he has to come back sometime. And I'll be here for when he does. I will make sure the neighbors know about him, I will make sure the neighborhood watch knows of him. He will not get away this.

If you see something like this happening, don't just turn your head and go into your house. Do something about it, even if it's just calling the police.

So I'll say this one last time, DON'T Mind Your OWN Business.
September 6th, 2012 at 03:48am