Homecoming skits are coming up.

And I'm finally involved, like I've been meaning to be.

Granted, nobody -- not even the freshmen or the sophomores -- gives a shit about the freshman and sophomore skits.

It's all juniors and seniors, baby.

The theme is a bit mediocre, this year, but I like what we've decided to do with it. It's Vegas Hotels. Yeah, I dunno. I don't remember what the underclassmen have, but seniors have Circus Circus and we have Treasure Island.

We've pretty much just turned it into a pirate theme.

The drumline is going to play a part of Pirates of the Caribbean during one of the dances, and we're trying to see if we can get band and orchestra kids in there, too. The only issue is that we'd need a lot of people. Even with mics, strings are swallowed up by brass and percussion. Especially in the gym. The gym is an orchestra's greatest adversary. The acoustics are awful. Our conductor even told us that we sound like shit in there, and it's true.

So, we might just stick to drumline and a recording of the piece.

But, guess who would be concert master if we decided to do the full orchestral arrangement?

This guy.

Oh, and we have the coolest slogan. "All for one class, and 1 4 all."

Get it? 'Cause we're the class of 2014.

So, aside from all that, I get to dress like a pirate. And during the first two class periods, we get to go around in our costumes and raid classrooms.

I want to carry around a pirate flag and yell, "HOIST THE COLOURS!"

Alright, one last thing.

Our final dance?

Gangnam Style.

Imagine a butt load of people doing this:



And at the end, we all huddle together at the bottom of the junior bleachers and the entire class chants "one four", and my god, I love Homecoming skits.
September 16th, 2012 at 06:41pm