Fan fiction ruining a fan base?

Basically, this threesome fan fiction was written about Chris, from Motionless In White and Ghost, from Motionless In White and now the MIW fan base are all made at people that write MIW fics because it's "downright degrading and embarrassing." I really don't see or understand how a little threesome fic, that wasn't even all that graphic or anything, could be degrading and embarrassing. I mean there are way worse fan fictions out there than a petty threesome fic.

I don't understand why fans, that don't like fan fiction, bash people that do like fan fiction. It's just so irritating and just stupid. People should be able to do what they want without having someone always there to bitch about it, but of course that won't happen because people ALWAYS need something to whine and complain about no matter what it is. Fan fiction doesn't even hurt a bands image. In some ways, it can actually help them gain more fans.

It just bums me out that Chris Motionless got all mad and said that "Fanfiction is fucking stupid," because it's not. He always says to "Do what you want and fuck everyone else," but when someone writes a little fan fiction, he gets all mad. It just sucks when one of the people that you look up to, insults something that you love to read and write.

So, what are your opinions on fan fiction? Can they really ruin a fan base?
September 18th, 2012 at 04:17am