Unrequited Love

So I finally told you how I really feel about you yesterday. We had been talking for a few days about how we felt about each other, but I finally said it outright. I told you that I loved you. That I was /in/ love with you. That I wanted to be with you. Because I had feeling these things for so long and I was sick of harboring it and in my stupid head, I thought that telling you would be a good thing. That maybe, just maybe, you would confess and tell me the same thing. God, how I wished I could have heard those words -- "I want to be with you, too." It would have been a dream come true. But no. Instead, you just said "Shit. I'm sorry." You don't love me. You don't want to be with me. I know that now. You said you'd probably make out with me just because you're in that 'wild child' phase in your life. But you wouldn't want to date me. What is the fucking point? I don't want to be used by you for your own sexual enjoyment. I want to be /loved/ by you. But you don't love me the way that I love you. You don't, and you never will. That breaks my heart. I guess that I've known it all this time, but I just never wanted to admit it. I don't want to have to tell myself at night that you don't love me, you don't want to be with me, you don't feel the same intense, passionate love that I feel about you. I guess that's something that I'm going to have to get used to. But it kills me, sometimes, because you just sent me a text message saying that you want to kiss Jacquelyn, that you love her. Fuck. Why can't you just feel that way about me? Please. Whywhywhy. I would kill for it. I just keep thinking in my head that yeah, maybe you'd make out with me, but you wouldn't date me. You wouldn't date your best friend. Why? Why am I not good enough? Why am I never good enough? I fucking love you. I love you. I admitted that to you, I was exposed, and you fucking rejected me. You're not supposed to hurt the ones that you love. And then you turn it around on yourself and say that you have so many things running around in your head. I JUST SAID THAT I LOVED YOU AND YOU'RE UPSET? Sometimes, I love you so much that I start to hate you. Why do you do these things? Why can't you just love me? I love you. But you don't love me back. Unrequited love is such a bitch.
September 22nd, 2012 at 03:27am