Reminiscing

I've made some considerable progress over the last couple of months about dealing with my ex-girlfriend and the memories that dealt with her. But, much like I stated in my short Waterfront, no matter how much we might want to bury our pasts in good memories, they're always there. And sooner or later they will bite us in the ass.

Almost always, digging up those memories is an accident.

I had just finished a Skype conversation with a couple of friends and couldn't help but see that my ex-girlfriend was still on my contacts list. Impulsively I clicked on it even though I knew she wasn't online. One thing led to another and eventually I found myself reading through the messages we had shared back and forth over the course of last year.

It was weird reading them, to think that last year we had been so close and now so far away. Things couldn't be any more different.

I'll admit that I still miss. Shit, I miss her a lot. She had been one of the few girls that had actually accepted me for who I was.

And, despite my active pursuit of other girls on my campus, I still can't help but reminisce. She was the first love of my life and the first girl I had dated for longer than two years. She'll always have a special place in my heart no matter how close or far away we are.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off of my chest.
September 25th, 2012 at 07:50am