ARE WE REALLY FRIENDS? OR DOES FB JUST SAY THAT?

Ever felt like you just don’t belong?
Ever had so many people be so nice to you and tell you that they were friends with you but then you realized that yeah they were nice to you but that was only and only when you went up to them and said hi, but never would they ever go up to you and say hi.
I live in a world full of people… but so many times do I just feel so alone….
When I was in high school this one girl I know (you could say that we are friends I think more so acquaintances), we were talking one day and I said to her that I was a loser, she said that I wasn’t, I agreed and said that I just had no friends. She once again corrected me, said that she checked once to see how many friends I had on facebook and said that I had over a thousand; I said no I have 953!
Something hit me right then and there, do people seriously think that you are really friends if facebook says you are? I mean call me crazy but I think that is a bunch of bullshit.
A couple months later I thought about it again. I was like hmm lets check this out, I went on facebook and looked at my friends list and saw that I had 1054 friends. For the next three months I spent slowly deleting friends because we really weren’t friends. I stopped just under 200. Ending with about 174 I would guess.
During this process I found people re-adding me to facebook again, like didn’t you notice that yes we were once friends but evidently I deleted you.
There were other people got upset by the fact that I deleted them; I was just amused because we really weren’t friends in the first place.

After graduating high school I ditched the old facebook and made a new one without all the high school drama, most friends I know have are in college some I kept from high school. And others are just there to laugh at, so this is what you are now doing with your life. Lmfao! And you thought that I wasn’t going to be anything in life. Look who’s laughing now.
September 29th, 2012 at 10:27pm