A Day of Merchandisng

So, it's the start of the third week of my work experience in Savers, and today I did something new. I merchandised and cleaned a whole shelf case... is that what it's called? A shelf case? Because I was going to say shelf, but I was thinking it would be misunderstood as just one of the platforms for products on the whole stand thing. So you have a book shelf. Lets say thats the shelf case. You have the shelves on a book case. The same as the shelves on a shelf case... lol well, that's how I see it anyway. So I merchandised a whole shelf case and cleaned each shelf.

For those who may not know, Merchandising is when you place products 'artistically' so they are visually pleasing.

Hold the phone... I have been told to get off my pedistall and realise that I was not merchandising, I was organising lol. Well blow me down, that took the sail from my boat aye?

So, anyway, lol. It took me the whole day! The whole day! To do the Shelf case. It was the first time I've done this, so taking off the items, wiping the shelf, then putting all the Nivea products on the top shelf, then taking items off, wiping next shelf, putting all the Garnier products then the Showbiz products on that shelf. Etc etc. The reason I didn't take them all off at once was because they already have price tags on their shelf, so if I did and mixed them up, it'd be my head at the execution block. But it went quite well, bar the fact at the end I had like five products left over, then Chuff came and added one more product line to that... Thanks for that... lol.

But yeah, it was my time to head home so I left the over items to the Assistant Manager. Tomorrow I'll see if I get slated for that lol. I know I forgot to put one showbiz product on the same shelf as the others, but it was in a box. They take up so much space!!!

Anyway, my days been okay. Just currently working on the first part of a story series I would love to one day get published. It's going okay currently. They're just in Assembly lol.

Anyway, that's it from me for today. May have a second short story posted up next week. If you'd like, have a look at The Fiercest Battle story I already have up.

C'ya Later
October 15th, 2012 at 07:38pm