Ready or not.

I needed this summer. To clear my head and get away. I escaped my moms house with flying colors, and I guess I'm adapting okay at my dads. I saw the ocean. Fell in love with that instead of some predictable boy. ONE MORE YEAR. Not even that, really.
I don't hate myself anymore. I've become quite the optimist, mostly. I shaved part of my head, got a tattoo. Had a few adventures. Life is good.

I've finally decided what I'm doing after I graduate. It took me forever to figure out where I'm going with my life. I have all these scattered interests, and it was quite difficult to string them together. But I want to be an art therapist. Just about everyone I tell asks me what exactly that is. It uses art as a form of therapy for traumatized children or troops and those with mental disabilities. What really roped me in, though, was how it is used to help recover memories for victims of alzhiemers. My grandmother had the disease for years and I watched her disappear. I guess in a way its a tribute to her. I'll need a major in psychology and I'm hoping for a minor in art. It'll be a long road, but I'm glad to finally have a sense of direction. My father is disappointed that I'm not going for a physical therapy. Alot of his friends are making bank on it. But honestly, I'm not so much concerned about money as I am loving what I do. Believing in it. And I feel that helping people mentally would be more fufilling to me.

Anyways, those are the plans. I'm sure you guys have your own and all. So I'd like to hear.
I'm running out of time and I feel so unprepared. Like having to jump into freezing water.
At least I know how to swim. =]
October 18th, 2012 at 06:27am