I Was Sitting There And BAM!

It just came to me while watching the Hillywood Twilight video.

Supported by the evidence of Stephenie Meyer saying she based her books on great love stories (Shakespeare, I think most of it was), Twilight is basically the typical love story you'd find getting dug up from the 1400s or something, except modern.

People say they love the classics, but since we've come so far in women's rights, feminism, and people being equal in relationships, we find it odd when a modern stories are laid out with the female in the "spineless weak female" role and the men in the "tough, angry, testosterone filled, protective" role.

I don't like it, but it explains why hopeless romantics or people who like Shakespeare like Twilight.
Now, excuse my generalizing, I'm just pulling attributes from my best friend. But I hypothesize that generalization is true. It would be logical.

And to my best friend, I accept you no matter how much dopey romance you read, even if I don't like it.

So you all who like those dusty ol' classics because of their fancy language and "classic" reputation, HA.

Seriously. Twilight mirrors Shakespeare's love stories extremely well.

Now, I may have made assumptions about Shakespeare in this blog, so I encourage you to excuse those and give me an educated argument, I welcome it.

And good news! I dislike Romeo and Juliet less now that I've seen the second season of Slings And Arrows. Darren Nichols has a soul!
Now, thats for another blog, so here I go to do some more magical raroman-y things on my little cloud.
Live long and find slash,
-Raroman
October 28th, 2012 at 02:23am