RIP Mitchell Adam Lucker

Today has turned from an alright kind of day to a sad say. My role model, my inspiration, my favorite deathcore vocalist Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence was claimed dead earlier this morning. I didn't find out about his death until 2:30ish today right after I finished my Engineering test when I got a few tweets sent to my phone about people saying "RIP Mitch". At first I was like this can't be Mitch Lucker that they're talking about but a few minutes later I found out it was him. I instantly started crying, my heart sank and I felt like I lost a brother/best friend. Of course he doesn't remember me, but still.

Suicide Silence was the very first deathcore band I ever listened to and they have stuck with me ever since 2007. It was then that I wanted to learn how to scream/growl just like Mitch. Of course, I'm still working on my growls, I'm going to be working twice as hard to sound like him, to make him proud.

I remember the first time I saw Suicide Silence back in 2010 at Warped and I met Mitch. He was such a nice dude and I told him my goals and he told me to go for it and to never give up. Mitch was so good to his fans and I know he was a great father, great husband, and a great friend. Ugh I just miss him.

I had people on facebook and "friends" telling me that I'm getting upset over nothing and that he doesn't know that I exist. I was so pissed because I didn't tell them that when they were upset over Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston's death, and besides Mitch does know I exist. I did have one friend who cheered me up though and understood what I was going through, Thanks TheRingLeader!!!!

Although I'm very heart broken about Mitch's death, I know that he wouldn't want us to mourn over his death forever. I'm going to be celebrate his life and career by listening to all three of Suicide Silence's album and I plan to get a tattoo in memory of him. What are you guys going to do in memory of Mitch?

In case anyone wants to see that this is real, this is an article about it here. And if you go onto SS's Twitter (@SuicideSilence) you'll find a Tweet from them saying RIP to their frontman.

RIP Mitch Lucker. 1984 -- 2012 </3
Gone but never forgotten.

"You only live once so just go fucking nuts."
November 2nd, 2012 at 12:47am