Peeta/Cato

Okay first things first for non shippers of this couple: Yes, I'm aware of the real story, yes I know all tributes were (supposedly) straight (I hate that word. I just figured out where it came from. But thats another story) but this is fiction, and yes, if you want to say it, fanon. I choose to believe with a little bending (geddit? Its funny because its mean) it would be completely canon. There characters are very suited to the couple, although they do seem a bit stereotypical (uke, seme, yaoi, y'know?).

Its just wonderful, the whole animalistic aspect of how Cato is basically a killing machine, fitted for the Games. He's probably passionate about more than killing (get what I'm saying?) and this could also lead to lots of angst (Yes, us authors cause our characters pain. Such lovely people, eh?) about being his own person, not just a killing monster (Sound familiar hem hem DEAN WINCHESTER excuse me I'm getting over a cold).

And Peeta is all cute and sweet in a I'm-cunning-but-I-don't-like-hurting-people way, so its perfect. He neutralizes Cato.
AND YES, I'M AWARE THERE IS A SIMILAR BALANCE WITH KATNISS, BUT THIS IS SLASH SO...*flails and curses incoherently*.
Darn flamers.
Anyway, also I apologize for the unsaid assumption that because he assumes the (slightly) feminine role in society (well, compared to Katniss) he must be homosexual, it wasn't intended, but it works for the couple.
Which leads me to the interesting fact that Panem is full of text to world connections of the earlier days in war, except the gender roles are completely reversed. Which is fine, just something to think about. People are all "Katniss is a cold unfeminine whathaveyou" and really, she's just trying to survive.
And Peeta is an albeit strong cute, slightly not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed blond hero.
Yes, I am repeating the obvious.

Anyway, Thunderfrost has a competitor for my OTP (other from Stony, of course) so look out for possible fanfiction.
AND BY THE WAY, I SEARCHED CATO/PEETA SLASH AND NOTHING CAME UP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SLASH MIBBIANS.
Just kidding, I have fanfiction.com.
THATS RIGHT, MIBBA, YOU'VE BEEN REPLACED.
No not really nothing could replace Mibba *bows down to holy master*.
I think thats enough (song listened to while writing:If I Were A Boy by Beyonce. Just so you know :).
Live long and find slash,
-Raroman
P.S. Educated arguments are appreciated if I offended anyone in this blog. Haters? Can you delete comments off blogs? I will go see to that..
Alright bye now.
Duckies.
November 13th, 2012 at 02:54am