Can't sleep | I want to make someone's day.

I can't sleep, as the title stated. But, I think it's 'cause I 'm so freaking nervous.

You see, I'm leaving the house the first time since surgery. It takes a lot of energy for me to crutch out to the living room and back. (3 rooms away). So, I don't know how I'm going to do it from my "room" to the car. Then out of the car, to the doctors office. Out of the waiting room, into the room. Then out of the room to the car. Then into the school(have to go pick up homework), into the classroom. Then back out to the car. Then back into the house. I'm going to be soo freaking tired by the time I get done. I'll be ready to sleep til tomorrow!

I'm just scared I'm going to fall, you know? I've already fallen three times on my "surgery" foot, and that's as painful as stepping on a leggo. :| I don't know.

I want to make someone's day though. I mean, I did yesterday by messaging a pregnant girl I know on Facebook.

Me:Hi. We've never talked before but I wanted to let you know I think you're very pretty. And you'll make a very good mom. And that, all those people who doubt you are lame.. 'cause they don't know you. (: That's it. I hope you have a good night.

Her:Thank you so much! this made my night!
I hope you have a great night, too!

See, I did something nice. But, I wanna go bigger and better.

I've been thinking about calling around, in my local area, to all the nursing homes and/or hospitals and tell them this;

Hi. I'm Shelly. I'm a 16 year old girl with a dream. My dream is to make someone's day. Whether it's a smile or a chat. I know you're a very busy person, but I want to ask you something? Ever had a bucket list? I do. And on that bucket list one of my things I want to do is visit people in your facility. I don't care if it's one person you assign me, or give me a whole list of people. I would love to visit them. Some people don't have people who visit them, and that crushes me. So, all I'm asking you is to grant me permission to let me achieve not only a dream, but a thing off my bucket list and making someone's day. We can make an appointment together and you can ask around your facility to see who would let me see them. Thank you.

And, if it's a hospital, it's going to be a kids one. And, I'm going to ask them if I can bring a camera so I can ask the kids if they ever wanted to be super models, and then give them a little personal photo shoot.

What do you guys think? Honestly.
November 15th, 2012 at 08:45am