The Story Behind the Story

So I thought I might share with you guys where the inspiration behind Last Chance came from.

When I was 15 a was playing in a sports event and I met a boy. He played for the team from the northern part of the province and they were seated next to us at the dinner banquet.

He was cute, and older, and totally way cool for me to ever talk to.

After the dinner everyone went back to the hotel and we all the teams decided to meet up their room. The team from the north. We all hung out and joked around. Well, I sat there and observed, too shy to talk to anyon but my own team. I was the uncool one on my team, I didn't wear the cool clothes and I was akward because I was shy. We all decided to to write our email and home addresses down so we could stay in touch (this was just before email became a big thing) I had my eye on the boy and I knew his name. So when I got home I decided to write him a letter, never expecting to hear back.

With our mutual love for the same sport we became fast friends. For years we were penpals, constantly writing back and forth. Even when we started to email and chat on MSN, we still wrote old school letters.

As we got older and moved on in our lives we would visit eachother (at one point sleeping in the same bed and never thinking anyting of it other than we were best friends) We told eachother everything he was always one of the first people I wanted to call or text when something happened.

Then three thing happened over the course of about 5 years that hurt me more than anything else.

One. A confirmed RSVP to my wedding only to have him back out at the last minute with no explanation why. I didn't talk to him for a year after that.

Two. He broke one of my bestfriends heart. He had initially introduced us and me and her became very good friends. He broke up with her and never gave a reason or any sort of explanation to her. I finally asked him about awhile ago and he told me why. But he never told her.

Three. After years of trying to get pregnant my husband and I finally were successful. We was supposed to come and visit us shortly after found out and I wanted to tell him in person. He never showed. No reason or explanation. It was a big deal considering we live 12 hours apart. I lost it. I freaked out at him like I never had before. In a way, he had kind of broken my heart. My best friend since I was 15 treated me like I was nothing. I was hurt. We didn't to talk to each other for a long time.

They say when you dream about someone it means that person (the one you dream about) misses you. Last night I dreamt about him.

With us it was always totally platonic. There was never even a thought about being anything else. (well, maybe for me when I first saw him I thought he was cute. lol.) But we always knew that we would be better off as friends.

So, this is kind of where I'm coming from when it comes to Sid and Kelly. I hope this gives you a bit of insight. I'm going to make Sid and Kelly more exciting though I think, I hope. They have a lot of built up tension too.
November 22nd, 2012 at 12:05am