I Just Feel Like Blogging About Shoes.

My family and I went shoe shopping today. Since I only wear Converse, I went straight to the Converse aisle. I was looking for something black and red. But I found these...

Image
Image

I instantly fell in love and HAD to have them! I picked out my teeny-tiny size (I wear a size three; my eleven year old daughter and I wear the exact same size.) and went about helping my son find him some shoes. While shopping around the boys department, I found these Vans...

Image
Image

The pin striping just gives them a vintage feel I thought. I personally loved that and also that the black part is suede. And they were more the color scheme I was originally looking for. (Okay, look. I just have a thing for black and dark red together. Maybe it stems from the fact that those are the two colors I associate with My Chem. I don't know, and I really don't care to know. I like wearing black and dark red, and occasionally black with a bit of hot pink on the days I'm feeling a bit "girly".) Hoping to find a reason to not like them, I tried them on. I was instantly in love with these, too. I mean, HOLY FUCK are these Vans comfy!! So I was stuck... pink, purple, and black Converse or black, grey, and red Vans? I REALLY couldn't decide! The only thing the Vans had going against them was the fact that my seven year old son was buying a pair of size four shoes, and I needed a five in the Vans; I'm not very pleased to have a reminder that my small son's feet are nearly as big as mine! (Seriously, what the fuck?! Did my parents bind my feet as a child or what?! Why in the hell are my feet so small?!)

After debating for like fifteen minutes which ones to get, my husband finally said he was ready to go so just get them both. I felt kind of bad considering everyone else was only getting one pair of shoes each. But my love of shoes won out, and I bought both pairs! Hehe. I love shoes. If I ever win the lottery or become a huge selling author, I'm going to buy a whole closet worth of shoes. So I guess I can't say I only wear Converse now; I'm now sporting a really awesome pair of Vans!! I'll just happen to "forget" to mention I got them out of the boys department. Hehe.
November 24th, 2012 at 07:43am