Hm. He's single. { Also, okay, don't judge me, I take astrology very seriously. Just saying. }

That one guy whom I went to Homecoming with a couple of years ago and who I had a crush on from the very moment I saw him -- he's single, now. But don't get me wrong. I wouldn't say at all that I have a crush on him, now. I'm not all giddy about this. The last thing I want is a relationship with him, because he has a lot of growing up to do. I'm not even going to touch that with a thirty-foot pole. In any case, I don't want a relationship with anyone right now except for that slice of perfection who just graduated a week ago and who's going to stop by orchestra every now and again to visit and who's going to a university in Utah to study music composition and who just really needs to be attracted to me and be in my life forever.

Ahem.

So, this kid is a sexual deviant, a little bit on the douchey side, who's been with nearly twenty guys, and he's only seventeen. He cheated on his boyfriend last week, and that's the reason he broke up with him. Though they'd only been dating for like a month and it really wasn't serious at all. Doesn't quite justify it, either way. What I want from him is not mushy cuddly shit. It's clear that he's not quite capable of that at this point in his life. No, I only want something with no strings attached. He's already a good friend. Fooling around isn't going to ruin that, because that's pretty much what our friendship was founded on. There isn't nor has there ever been any awkwardness between us.

For that reason, I have no anxieties about this.

Oh, but I've just realized the most delicious thing. I've always known his birth date, but I never thought to consider what his zodiac sign is. Well, he's a Scorpio. I'm a Capricorn. Scorpio + Capricorn = pretty much one of the most compatible combinations of all zodiac signs. Especially in the sexual sense.

Not that I really needed any confirmation. I know that things between us are really easy, and I couldn't imagine anything that would make either of us upset with the other. No complications. Just the way I like it.

So, he and I are going to see Life of Pi this weekend. I've already watched it twice, but I promised that I'd see it with him when he couldn't make it the first time another friend and I went together.

A few weeks ago, he made an excuse to go to Paragon Outlets with me. (If you know that shit, be jealous. I live there. Though, admittedly, there isn't a lot to be jealous of. It does have some lovely stores, though. I'm gonna get a job there in a couple of months, when the hype dies down.)

"If my friend bails, you should go to Paragon after school with me," he said.

Anyone with a brain could pick up on the fact that there was never any other "friend" involved.

If it's strictly platonic, why put any extra effort into a reason to hang out? It's funny how over-thinking a situation can affect the mind. I'm interested to see how he'll act now that he's got nothing tying him down.

At lunch, he normally sits in the tree that our friends all hang out around. Today, he invited me into his tree.

Image

I have. The most attractive duckface.

I'll keep you updated.
November 27th, 2012 at 04:39am