I NEED FANTASY STORY IDEAS YOU GUYS

So heres the deal, i'm in this creative writing class with a total of seven people in it. This week we've been assigned to write a fantasy story. My question is: WHAT THE CRAP DO I DO?!
I've got characters and a premise and everything, I just don't know what's gonna actually HAPPEN. Let me just show you what I have so far:

I’m still worrying aren’t I? I keep reading the same paragraph over and over and I still have no idea what Sherlock is talking about. I decided that trying to finish another chapter is pointless, set my book on the coffee table and worry some more. Nope, Eleanor stop it. Dad’s going to be fine. Now stop worrying in 3…2…

Yeah, that’s not going to happen.

Turning on the TV doesn’t help; all these scenarios keep sneaking into my brain. Thankfully the phone interrupts my imaginings. It’s Lewis.

“Heeyy!” I say as brightly as possible and I already know he’s gonna see through that lame attempt.

“Oh Gosh, What’s wrong with you?” He asks.

“Nothing. I’m fine. What’s up?”

“Liar.”

“No for real, I’m alright. Now What’s up?” What do you want? I’m trying to worry about things!

“Well my mom made some of her glorious lasagna,” He says sarcastically. “She wanted me to bring some by if you want it.”

Now I’ve tasted said lasagna on multiple occasions, and know for a fact that it’s not the least bit glorious, but I suppose the thought does count in this case. Lewis’s family is the only one who still thinks to send us sympathy food anymore.

“Yeah, that’ll be fine. The front door is open. Tell her thanks for me”

“Got it, I’ll be there in ten minutes. Do you have any soda?”

“Yep.” I lie so he’ll come faster. I need a distraction.

“Sweet. See you in a sec.” He hangs up.

A few commercials later David comes rumbling down the stairs and head’s straight for the fridge.

“We have absolutely no food.” He declares, giving up and closing the door.

“Lewis is bringing Lasagna.” I inform him.

“Again?” He looks rather disappointed.

“Well I think we have some popsicles in the freezer.”

He opens the doors and inspects each popsicle, holding it up to the freezer light until he finds a purple one. He then rips off the wrapper, closes the door with his foot, and plops next to me on the couch.

"So Dad's not back then?" He asks

"Nope." I answer quickly. "It's been two hours. Does it usually take two hours? Maybe I should have gone with him..."

"No chance, Ellie. He's gotta learn how to do things on his own." He says, bravley shoving the entire popsicle in his mouth. And thay was the end of that conversation.

I know what you're thinking:
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE. IT'S NOT FANTASY AT ALL. SHE'S GIVEN ALL THIS CREATIVE FREEDOM AND THE BEST SHE CAN WRITE ABOUT IS LASAGNA? PATHETIC."

Now just chill out! I haven't gotten to the good part yet! And here lies my problem. I know what I want to happen: I'm planning on making time go still except for these three and a few random others. Like, everything go completley frozen. BUT WHAT THEN?!? I'm trying to set this story apart from most fantasies... If you have any ideas PLEEAASE let me know! What do you think of the beginning? Please be brutal, I need as much help as I can get. And thanks so much for reading :D
December 3rd, 2012 at 03:29am