This Is Really Depressing

Okay, just so we're clear, this is serious, I'm not just complaining about the weather.
It got up to seventy degrees today. In December.
Why?
Global Warming.
I know its intimidating and depressing, but I'll get to easy ways you can help. I don't want to stress anyone out, I just want to bring awareness.
We can't wait anymore. We can't hide.
For those who don't know, global warming is the process of greenhouse gases thickening the atmosphere, thus keeping more infra red rays from the sun inside the atmosphere, heating the world.

This is causing the superstorms (more water, more rain, stronger winds), ice caps melting, Indian summers, warm winters, and in some places, a lot of the time places with miniscule carbon footprints are becoming so polluted that people are DYING. Thats right, you read it correctly, parents are forced to watch their children struggle to breath because of our fuel consumption. Not to mention the people devastated by the storms, or dehydrated because of the heat.

I don't claim to be completely innocent of a big carbon footprint, but I have been taking measures to lower my carbon footprint.
Here are some easy ways:

.Take less heated showers and baths (no, don't quit on hot showers, just use lukewarm water and cooler water when rinsing yourself, its actually better for your skin and hair) as well as not running water when you aren't using it.

.Biodegradable shampoo and soaps. There are probably some out there that aren't weird or odd feeling.

.Graywater system! Reuse your water! Look it up.

.Don't buy bottled water. Companies use tons of fuel to transport water, create plastic bottles, and transport it more, and we just drink it and throw it away. And often, tap water is healthier and/or better tasting. Grossed out? Get a water filter. And a water bottle. They can be a fashion statement!

.Make a compost bucket. They aren't much work. Just educate yourself on what you can put in there other from foods, put em in, then throw em in the woods. Or use them for your garden, which you should look up maintenance on before you go ahead and do...

.If its yellow, let it mellow, if its brown, flush it down. YES IT IS GROSS, BUT YOU KNOW WHATS GROSS-ER? Places where the air is so polluted that you can't go outside, or places that don't have the drinking water you're flushing away.

.Use solar panels. They do work, they can heat your house, and they dramatically decrease your heating bill.

.Turn the darn lights off! Like the meme, how would you like it if someone turned you on and just left you there? Not funny? Just turn them off if they're not being used...

.Hybrid cars! Or cars that run on vegetable oil! Or carpool! Or just walk or bike. Our bodies were meant to be used to fuel us, and we don't do that so much, anybody still wondering why America is obese?

.Workout outside. You'll have gotten farther than me...

.Go vegetarian or vegan. Or just no red meat. Do you know that it takes 20,000 pounds of CO2 to make a cheeseburger? Ya gotta raise farty cows (yes, methane is a greenhouse gas), feed em, slaughter them, ship them, store them, and we haven't even gotten to the cheese part.
Don't feel guilty if this isn't working, you could always just hunt for your own meat and there are lots of good vegetarian recipes out there.

I probably missed a few but if you're interested, just google em.
AND RAISE AWARENESS. GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL.
Side note: if I put something inaccurate in here, just gently let me know so I can edit it.
Live long and find slash,
-Raroman
December 4th, 2012 at 11:09pm