Cutest baby animals in the history of ever.

Because I can.

1. The Echidna

Image

IT LOOKS LIKE A TINY MANATEE.

Image

It's just... a blob of echidna. It's too wonderful. Look at how wrinkly and fat it is. Just look.

2. The Sloth

Image

Are you fucking kidding me.

Image

My god.

Image

I can't.

3. The Asian Elephant

Image

They're so cuddly. (EDIT: I'm actually fairly certain that the above image is of an African elephant. Google, you lied to me.)

Image

Like big puppies.

Image

Oh my god, no. Why. Don't do this to me.

4. The Shetland Pony

Image

Bonus: adult Shetlands are adorable as well.

Image

Sure, all foals are cute as shit, what with their wobbly legs and stubby tails and fuzziness and comically over-sized body parts, but the Shetland dominates because look.

Image

They're so. Little.

Actually, that last photo isn't necessarily a Shetland. The article only said miniature horse. Could very well be a Falabella or something. I don't know minis well enough to distinguish breeds. I can differentiate between ponies and horses and drafts, but miniature horses? They, for the most part -- the Shetland being a bit of an exception -- all look equally stubby and adorable.

I've reminded my mom for years that if I ever go legally blind, she's getting me a seeing-eye pony. Not a seeing-eye dog. Because they have those.

Image

And they're a considerably better choice, all around. Their senses are higher than those of dogs, they have a more even temperament, a 350-degree range of vision, and since they're recognized as guide animals more so than dogs, access to public places isn't restricted as often as it would be with a guide dog.

AND, JESUS CHRIST, LOOK AT HOW THEY SLEEP.

Image

ON. LITTLE. PILLOWS.

Image
December 11th, 2012 at 07:29pm