Thoughts on Statuses About Today...

Before I even begin what I am about to say, I first would like to pay my respects to all affiliated in the CT shooting this morning. My heart goes out to each and every one of you and especially the families and witnessing children.

But I was trolling through Facebook and this particular status caught my eye. I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS WAS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM A GOOD THING BECAUSE IT WAS NOT, I AM JUST ELABORATING OFF OF WHAT A FELLOW PEER POSTED!!!

The status read: “All that death because one fraking person couldn't get his act together”

The only reason I brought this up and it pissed me off so much was because this is the kid that a month ago agreed and was almost just begging me to kill myself. A friend made a comment saying, “You should just go kill yourself.” Mind you I am currently in therapy due to a parental separation and I guess you could call it “depression” (although my therapist doesn’t know about that part…) and this kid replied with, “Yes!!! PLEASE do!!!” (Or something along the lines of that). I was able to cope with what my best friend said, but when he said it, I was like, “Am I really this hated. I’m not the only one who thinks this…”

And when I saw that status I wanted to punch him because it’s things like that that just piss me off. Now, this guy, we don’t know his motives obviously and I am in no way saying I feel bad for the shooter, but it’s not that people can’t get their acts together, it’s that sometimes, it’s comments like the one this peer made that push people over the edge. Who knows what I would have done if I didn’t stop thinking and walk to my English teacher’s room to tell her. I left in tears and she called both of my parents, but… I don’t know… I just really had to get that out there. That peer just pisses me off right now.
December 15th, 2012 at 06:03am