Everybody can just stop what they're doing right now. I met a guy.

Allow me to reiterate.

I met.

A guy.

And just.

Image

I cannot words.

What are English.

Image

You guys, oh my god...

Here's what happened.

I went to see The Hobbit a second time with a couple of friends. Who also happened to be there were people whom I haven't seen in like four years, so that was really cool. So, we get out of the theater at like seven, and then two of my friends asked if they could get a ride to an end-of-the-world party that they were going to, and I asked if they could just kidnap me and let me crash it if I was going to be driving them there anyway.

There ended up being so many great people there, as well as a couple more friends whom I haven't spoken to in awhile. Good choice to go, on my part.

Okay, but, like... first thing that happens when I walk through the door is that this guy goes up to my friends and greets them and hugs them, and then turns and introduces himself to me and hugs me too, and I'm just all:

Image

You don't need even decent gaydar to pick up on this one.

He's not flaming or anything, but he's above the absolute threshold for sure.

Sooo, he's cute. He's fun. He's a theater kid. He acts and sings. He works out like a beast -- a bit of a hyperbole -- and even though he's skinny, HIS ABS, HOLY GOD.

His name is James. And he's a senior. Mm, older boys.

The night started off very frustrating, what with me probably acting too stupid and clingy and not at all expecting him to respond in any way, shape, or form to what I was attempting to maybe sort of get across. But then, at one point, I was sitting with him and an old friend, telling my friend -- Mitchell -- about the whole break-up thing I went through over the summer and how I'm gay, and he was all mind-blown and shit, et cetera. James got up to go somewhere like not even a minute after we'd started discussing sexuality and whatnot, and Mitchell said to me, "I can tell that James probably has a crush on you, now."

Yeah, okay, when pigs fly.

And I was pretty sure that it was bullshit for the entire night because I wasn't getting the responses that I wanted. But there were the hints to keep my hopes up.

Okay, so a favourite pastime of his is to mess with girls and make them a tad bit hot and bothered -- or just the normal kind of bothered -- even though everyone is well aware that he's gay. And when a big group of us all went outside in the cold and dark to play childish games, he was poking fun at the girls who were ticklish. They'd shy away and whimper when he'd put his lips to their necks and blow across their skin. And he teased, "I don't see what the big deal is. It's just warm air! See?" And then he did it to me.

And his lips were on my neck.

And.

And.

Image

And then when things got REALLY good was when we went inside, and we were all in the living room opening really hilarious and anonymous Christmas presents, and he and I were sitting on the couch with two other girls, and even though all he had to do was move a pile of pillows off the couch, he didn't, and so there wasn't a lot of room, and so we were pressed up against each other. And then when everybody left to go play strip-pong (strip ping-pong?), it was me and him and another girl left sitting on the couch, and he laid down with his legs draped over her and his head in my lap, but eventually it just sort of turned into a cuddle-fest between him and me which lasted 'til like midnight, and we exchanged numbers, and we're gonna go to the midnight premiere of Les Miserables with some friends in a couple of nights, and when I got home, I was gonna add him on Facebook, but I thought it'd come off as too forward if I did it right off the bat, but when I logged into my account, he had already friend-requested me, which means that he did it like the MINUTE he got home, and --

Image

I'm dead.

I am going to want to hold his hand in the movie theater. Oh my god, while we were on the couch, my hand was rested on his chest, and he accidentally knocked it, I don't even remember how, but he said, "Oh, I'm sorry," and patted my hand, but then lingered and, like, fucking caressed my fingers, and mother of god, it's over. I'm done. You can all just go home.

Image
December 22nd, 2012 at 11:49am