Merry Christmas, Everyone!

So Christmas is two days away. I'm pretty certain I am more excited than my kids this year! But I also know what my kids are getting from Santa, and I know they are getting a couple of things they've been asking for for a while. I already got my big gift this year; my husband made me open it early because I would need it come Christmas morning (and need a couple of days to figure it out) he said. He was right! I got a new Nikon semi-professional camera. (Can I just say... YYEEYY!!!) It's more than a point and shoot, but it's still digital. (In other words, it's not a 35mm I can change all the attachments on or have to set all the settings before each picture taking session.) It's going to be a great camera for me to start my photography hobby!

I should be back on Mibba full force right after the holiday, before the year is over. I wanted to take some time for myself before I jumped back into things. So I did. I've been writing of course. I wanted to do something special, so I signed up for Mibba's Secret Santa this year. I've never done anything like that before, and I had a blast doing it! You all should do it with me next year!! The person I got was also the person who got me: FrankinGerard. She's one of my regular readers, so I was even more excited! I wrote "Keep the Faith, G" for her. In return I got "In All My Dreams I Drown," and I loved it from the title on! (And I still need to leave her a comment, which I shall do next.) The concept was great!

I've have a major event (well, two related ones) happen in my life these past few weeks. This is Chewie.
Image
I got him almost ten years ago. Chewie has been there for me through a lot of stuff, and I love him dearly. But Chewie died unexpectely recently. Our lives didn't seem complete with only us and our cat, so we adopted a new family member. Her name is Marybeth.
Image
Marybeth is almost the exact opposite of our Chewie, but she is quickly making her place in our hearts and home.

For the third time, I promise I am not abandoning my chaptered stories. I've just had a lot going on, and I needed to write something short. (Is a 5,000 word oneshot short?) And I've been spending more of my time working on getting myself into an actual writing career. My New Year's Unresolution (because Resolutions are for breaking) is to start making money off oneshots and short chaptered fics, originals not Frerards. (Yeah, I have this thing about not wanting to be sued by Gee and Frankie.)

After the holidays settle a bit, I have a list of people that I am virtually squeezing the life out of because I miss them dearly and haven't gotten to talk to them in AGES! I'm going to spend a whole day just cathcing up with all my friends.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas! I hope Santa brings you all the things you asked for! (I'm still waiting on a Gerard Way; Santa must be out of those... hahahaha!) And I also hope everyone has a good New Year! But be safe; if you are going to be drinking, do it safely!

Hugs and loves to all of you! (And kisses to a select few of you!)
Miz
December 23rd, 2012 at 05:35pm