Distance will never be a friend of mine.(Long Distance relationship.)

I know right, It's funny. I used to laugh it up at people who fell in love with people who lives hours/days away. But now, I'm not laughing anymore. I've been talking to this one girl from Tumblr for awhile. We would tweet each other, skype inbox. Basically everything. She help me get over my crush that I could never have. She makes me feel better about myself and boast my confidence. She's really pretty and she makes me feel worth something. Talked me out of self harm and told me she likes me too.

But it sucks, y'know? She lives in Canada, right at the tip of Detroit, which is only two-three hours away from me. "Visit me in the Summer baby!" She said all excited. Honey, you know I would but I'm only 16 and I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't let me see some girl I made friends with through the internet. I hate myself for falling for her too fast. I hate getting attach to people knowing I can never have them. So right now, all I have to do is let go. Just like I let go of my other 3 lady crushes. but it's hard.

I feel something strong for her and I know this all sounds stupid but I really like her. "Move with me here in Canada when you get older." Hell yeah, no second thinking. Let me move with you and your bagged milk and your "bacon"(ham!!) that you show me on skype. "Come to Warped Tour at Cleveland this summer with me." I said to her but she said she has to see. Right now I think it's best if I forget about you. That's all I'm good with. To forget. I might sound really pathetic but it's crazy that I like her like this. I was crying a few days ago, thinking how we can never make this work. Then I would smile and think "Hey, you'll never know, give her a try" but I would keep doubting myself. But I don't know. I haven't bee updating my stories on here cause I can't stop thinking about her.

My question is, do you think long distance relationships are even worth it? Is me having feelings for a person who I have not one clue if I'm going to meet one day, stupid of me? Should I hold on and see how things might look in the future? Or should I let go?
December 29th, 2012 at 02:28am