I want to know about you.

I told myself that I was only going to update my newest fic every Sunday - once a week only. But I've had the second chapter finished for a couple of days now and I finally saved it as a draft, and now I really want to post it. Either way: go read it? xo

But that wasn't the point of this blog.

I'm curious, my fellow Mibbians: what is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

This fall, I did something completely unlike me.

I'm a planner. I plan things. My friend, Chelsea, and I were discussing the possibility of taking a trip this coming spring after the winter semester was over. The only problem was: we couldn't figure out where to go.

Now, there's a full list of places that I want to visit in my life time. However, I just couldn't figure out which place to go first and which place I would want to go with my friend.

One day in October, Chelsea and I were talking about this trip and she says to me: "Jill, what if we went to see an All Time Low concert?" She asked this knowing that All Time Low are actually my favourite band.

In order for you to understand the task at hand, you need to know a little bit about where I live. I'm from Canada. Specifically, the province of Newfoundland, which is the most easterly province in Canada.

Image


I happen to go to school in the biggest city in the province, St. John's, and while we do have an arena (Mile One Stadium), All Time Low would never actually go there.

So we got online, just to look at their tour dates, to find that they were not quite halfway through their Rock Show At The End Of The World Tour through the US. I don't really remember the details, I just know that by the end of that night, Chelsea and I had purchased two concert tickets to see All Time Low in Allentown, Pennsylvania on November 16th.

Quite literally, the best weekend of my life. It was my very first trip to the States. I got to explore Allentown (which was ridiculously American), see my favourite band in concert, and I got to hang out with a friend of mine who goes to school up in Easton, who I literally hadn't seen in two years.

I also met Zack Merrick at a bar post-concert, and though I had nothing to sign, he was nice enough to take a picture with me.

Image


I managed to cross two things off my bucket list that weekend:
See All Time Low in concert
and
Meet a member of All Time Low.

Now that you know the most spontaneous thing I've done, I want to know about yours.

xo
breaking faces

I still like the Twitter.
December 29th, 2012 at 04:07am