Spoiled Rotten Children.

As a teenager, i am subjected to the dealings of babysitting for my older sisters, since I am the youngest.

And I have started to notice that a lot of children today are spoiled rotten to the core. I mean really.

When I was a child, I didn't always have the big name-brand toys or the next-new thing that came out yesterday. If I had toys they were dollar-store brand and they were cheap, but I could play with them and that was all that mattered.

But watching my nephews, I see things like 7-year olds with Wii's, Play Station 3's, X-Boxes, Gameboys and PSP's. And I mean one of my nephews has all that.

I didn't get video games growing up. Seeing as they were a new thing when I was a kid, but when they came along, my mom said no, that I could play outside. And I did! BY MYSELF. I had an imagination and did things on my own which in turn helped me grow creatively and put me where i am today.

But when I children who cannot leave a store with out a toy everywhere they go, or cry because they can't play the new video game regardless of the room from end to end lined with toys that remained un-touched....it's such a waste.

And I feel that society is responsible. And we think our children need all these big things and expensive things and they don't.

I know people say this all the time, but I don't want my future children to grow up doing nothing but playing video games and siting around a room all day, I want them to go outside and experience the beauty in nature. If you miss out on that, you miss out on life.

What do you guys think?
Are the children of today too spoiled these days?
January 6th, 2013 at 02:55am