Dear Valentine,

Dear Valentine,


Even though right now you're non-existent, I don't care because you're mine and only mine. I know you're out there waiting for a girl like me to appreciate and cherish, and I will eagerly await you, Valentine.

For Valentine's Day I do not want flowers. For Valentine's Day I do not want chocolates (though if you got them then you're awesome). For Valentine's Day I do not want balloons. For Valentine's Day I do not a diamond ring.

I want you to be original in your attempt at impressing me. I want you. I want you to text me in the middle of the night saying how much you care for me. I want you to kiss my cheek the first chance you get. I want you to sweep me off my feet when you tell me all the things you love about me as the day goes on.

As the day wears on, take me on a date. Call me your beauty. Romance me with a trip to our favorite spot, wherever that may be. (I don't care if it's just McDonald's, as long as it's ours.) When I start to shiver, offer me your jacket, and no matter how many times I refuse force me to take it. If it starts to rain, dance with me. Please, just make me blush because I'm an awful dancer. Laugh when I accidentally step on your feet.

When the date is over, take me home. If I accidentally fall asleep, just wake me up gently with a kiss on my temple. Then walk me to the door and kiss my forehead and tell me, "Goodnight, Aly." Don't pull away when I grab your hand and pull you back. Don't fight me when I kiss your lips goodnight and murmur, "Goodnight, Valentine."

Love Only Yours,

Aly
February 1st, 2013 at 01:01am