My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

It was 9 am this morning when my mom screamed at me to put it on the radio. Mind you, she's 47 years old, driving on to work in the freezing Chicago weather and called me on my phone and was literally screaming at me: "Alison put it on the radio! Fall Out Boy is back! We're going to see them! Turn on the radio!! Hurry up, you lazy ass! Turn on the radio or the google or whatever!"

I did not believe her because, I mean, I was in such a wonder snooze, you don't believe everything you hear. I swore I was dreaming. But, I did get up and turn it on whatever station she had it on (can't remember for the life of me right now, still out of it). Anyway, I listen and hear the voices of some of my favorite people.

I'm having such a stoic moment, I don't think I've been able to breathe properly.

I listened for a few minutes before jumping on my computer to buy whatever the hell fall out boy is selling. I preordered their vinyl and album, not the $200 one with the jackets and shirts and shit. I got the tattoos, which is pretty cool. The tickets for the show here in Chicago sold out, so I'm gonna have to wait for the tour.

My mom is pretty excited, which isn't a surprise to me; she loves them more than me. She and Pete talked once with my dad, which still baffles me to this day. She's got a crush on him.

Anyway, today is a super fucking happy day. I love the song and I can't wait to see them live again, for like the billionth time.

I kind of think I'm dreaming still. Imagine what my mom must be doing at the hospital... Freaking out the little children, I bet.
February 4th, 2013 at 07:34pm