Let there be Fall Out Boy!

Now, as most Fall Out Boy fans know, Fall Out Boy has officially come off the godforsaken hiatus.

I woke up this morning to my friends messaging me, saying things like, “Kelly, FUCKING FALL OUT BOY,” “Kelly, look at FOB’s website. Right. Now.”

So of course I was confused. I knew it had to be something important; Fall Out Boy’s site hadn’t been updated in three to four years, so it must’ve been something big.

So, upon going to FOB’s website, I noticed a multitude of different things:
• a new website design
• a new single
• a new music video
• new photos of the band that were taken this morning
• 2013 tour dates
• sold out concerts

So you could imagine that—as a fan who has been faithful to the band since 2003—I was flailing. Granted, I would probably be considered one of “those” fans that freaks out when they do things, but c’mon, FALL OUT BOY CAME OFF HIATUS. Was I expected to take that lightly? Well, maybe.

Something that did bug me, though, was that as recently as a week or two ago, Joe denied that the band was getting back together, and according to a friend of mine (and I’m not quite sure about this one) Pete denied them getting back together YESTERDAY.

Now, there could be several reasons for this. The band either wanted to announce it themselves, they wanted to surprise their fans, or they’re just bastards.

What Pete said made me laugh, I’ll admit. “@petewentz: You can take a breath now. #lightemup”

AND COME ON. MARK HOPPUS, MAN. “@markhoppus: Yes, yes I know all about the FOB reconciliation. IT WAS MY IDEA! You’re welcome.” C’mon, Mark is just perfect.

And then I saw Pete talking to Brendon Urie via twitter and, JESUS, IF FOB AND P!ATD GO ON TOUR TOGETHER, I JUST MIGHT DIE OF HAPPINESS. GUYS, DON’T TEASE YOUR FANS.

But as I thought about this today, I realized that Fall Out Boy were probably together for half of the time they were on hiatus!

Think about it, if they’re releasing a new full album in four months and they had the time to book all their shows AND make a music video.

They had to have been back together (I don’t care if Patrick says “It’s not a reunion, WE NEVER BROKE UP.” Because, seriously, hiatus counts, man!) for, like, a year and a half to two years.

But, maybe that’s be jumping to conclusions, I don’t know.
February 5th, 2013 at 05:37am