I'm Making This My Year

At the beginning of the year I made a promise to myself that I would be making huge changes to my life, and so far they seem to be in my favor. Last semester I was miserable. I got diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and a slight case of depression, along with having a terrible roommate/best friend, and I was not taking any classes that interested me. I started skipping classes and sleeping all day. My bed eventually became my best friend and my safe haven and I was not happy with what I was doing. I cut all contact off from my best friend (I considered her to be my sister) and started focusing more on my studies. Both of these are in my favor.

Midterms are almost over (one more week) and I've already received two A's as grades on them. It's been almost a year since I've received grades like that and I am so proud of myself. I'm so much happier this semester and everyone is noticing it. I have a new roommate who is slowly but surely becoming my best friend, I'm taking classes that pertain to my major, and I'm doing all of my schoolwork. I love the new me and I love where my life is going right now. Things are looking up for me and I am so proud of my progress.
March 8th, 2013 at 06:40am