Dear MCR, It's not goodbye. You will always be there with us.

Last night, my best friend told me that My Chemical Romance broke up. To be honest, I didn't know what to say. I was in shock. They are one of my favorite bands and have since Black Parade came out. First song I ever heard was "I'm Not Okay(I promise)" and at first, I didn't like it, I thought it was dumb and after I heard it again, at first I didn't recognize the song or band and ended up loving it. After I realized who it was, I looked up more of their music and just instantly fell in love. I don't listen to them much anymore but it doesn't mean I'm not a huge fan of them, because I am.

I should be feeling sad, depressed even, and I'm not. I actually feel proud of them. They did what they set out to do. They saved so many lives, they made an impact on the world and I will be forever grateful for them. I met my first real best friend because of them. In a sense most people talk about when they say "MCR saved my life" is not for me, what I mean by saving my life is, their lyrics gave me the extra strength then I had before and they were one of the bands who showed me that being different isn't as bad as everyone claims it is. I've never self harmed, I've never tried committing suicide and it's because them, and many bands, have showed me it's not worth it. So maybe they did save my life a little in that sense most people talk about.

To those of you who are taking this just as hard as me. Remember this. When the band is gone, you will still have them with you. With their lyrics and their words they have shared with us. You will still have those 4 CD's, plus Conventional Weapons, they made, you will have the DVD's, the posters, and everything else. They will always be with you.

Don't give up. Never give up. Don't go back to self harming, don't try to commit suicide, because everything they had preached will be thrown out the window. If you are ever feeling sad, listen to one of their songs, read one of their inspirational quotes and remember that just because they are no longer a band doesn't mean they don't care, they do.

They didn't break up to torture us, they didn't do it because they wanted to see everyone burn. They did it because maybe it was time for them to do it. Just like all good things, it has to come to an end and it's sad, it really is, but don't be mad at them. And don't act like the world has come to an end. You are able to get through this, you are strong enough, and I am telling you right now, you do not need a band to help you through life. You relied on a band to be there to save you every time you fucked up and look what happened. You can't rely on something or someone because in the end, you aren't going to like the end result.

Please don't take your own life, you still have so many great things ahead of you and the sooner you realize that, the better you'll be. You don't need a band to show you that, they can help you but they shouldn't be the only ones who do. Don't put that pressure on them. Don't make them feel like it's their fault.

MCRmy will continue to carry on and we will continue to live out their legacy by continuing to preach what they did and being a thankful and faithful fan.

"We'll carry on"

And if anyone needs to talk, I am here for you. *Group hug*

-Sapphire Sky
March 23rd, 2013 at 07:42pm