rewards and punishments.

It started Monday. I didn't have to go to school, and caught up on hours at work.

Tuesday was a simple day of getting back into the things after a short break from school.

Wednesday, I got the privilege of seeing the Atlanta show of A Day to Remember's Right Back At It Again tour. The C!NCC! portion was tolerable, and then Of Mice & Men came out and I finally knew what heaven was. I not only crowd surfed to Austin Carlile, I also got a fucking high five and that adorable grin-tongue thing he does when he's happy. And a large bump on he back of my head from being kicked in the head by another crowd surfer.

The ADTR show was intense. I almost creamed my pants at how amazing the show was; AND, Atlanta got to hear one of the songs from their new album - a song that NO ONE ELSE has gotten to hear. I felt very privilege and excited and determined that this was a good $42 spent.

Thursday, I woke up late, and arrived to school at 10:30. I had gotten an OM&M shirt for my friend who couldn't go, and her birthday is two weeks away, so I dropped that off for her and went to class regularly. It was a plain school day.

Friday was a normal school day too. I was still in a daze of going to the concert, finally knowing what it feels like to go to one. I was surrounded by people who loved the same music as me, and I made a lot of awesome friends.

And then Friday night rolls around and the news hits Tumblr -

Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We've gotten to go places we never knew we would. We've been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We've shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure.
My Chemical Romance


I wasn't quite sure of how to react to it all. I remember the first time I ever listened to them - I was in the 6th grade, 6 years ago, and had gotten an iPod for christmas. I didn't really know of any music to put on it, so I went through my dad's collection and found MCR's Welcome to the Black Parade album. I listened and fell in love. Whenever something bad happened, they were my go to band. When Justina died - I went to them. When I was scared over my surgery - they soothed me. When I was so confused and had given up - they saved me and so many more.

And all we get in return is 85 words of 'thanks for the adventure'?

I don't know what to go to now.

Saturday hasn't been any better.

I found out I'm being cheated out of pay at work and have been for over two months now. My boss was recently fired and now some bitch has taken over his spot. And I did something 'illegal' today that I didn't know was illegal and now I feel like an ass and life is hard, guys. Don't grow up. Ever since I turned 18 the only good thing I've seen come out of it was jack shit.

No lottery. No tax refund. No voting. No tattoos or cigarettes.

Just barely getting by with $5 for gas. Having to beg my grandparents for money to pay off Senior Year stuff. Having to put up with the raise in taxes and inflation and not making enough money. Almost being kicked out of my own house because I voiced the idea of getting my body decorated in one of the most passionate ways possible-

Don't grow up. We were rewarded with youth, but now? We're punished with adulthood.
March 24th, 2013 at 12:33am