Q & A Session:1!

Hello all!

Today I'm going to answer my first question from one of my readers A Heart Black n Blue who asks:

"Which major myths, traditions & historical events did you have to study for your stories?"

"I center the majority of my stories based on Greco-Roman, Norse, Celtic and at times Egyptian ancient mythologies. One of the major myths I work from is the legend of Ragnarok from Norse mythology which foretells the great battle of the gods to which results in the end of the world. No one knows exactly if Ragnarok has supposedly already happened who will eventually happen which I find very interesting.
When it comes to traditions I mainly work on paganism traditions particularly for my Witches. I try to adopt as much as I can with the customs of the culture such as coming of age ceremonies, the calendar, the festivities, small forms of colloquialisms. My Werewolves however are more based off of the education and societal functions based from the Spartans, right down from birth, to training, war, society, marriage, and family I try to incorporate what the youth would go through before coming into adulthood but adapting it to the environment my Weres would have to live through.
For historical events that is a very long extensive list lol but I have to say the Fall of the Roman Republic is what inspires me the most with all the conspiracies, everyone having a hidden agenda, everyone just guessing and making up assumptions to what the other party will do and later perhaps finding out they were completely wrong about them fascinates me. I also draw inspiration from the French Revolution, the American Civil War, the Tudor Dynasty, World Wars I and II, the Cold War, the famous Jack the Ripper, The Sengoku Period (of the Warring States Period in Japan) the personalities of Gaius Julius Caesar, Cleopatra VII, Augustus (or Octavian if you prefer), Vlad the Impaler, Catherine the Great, Elizabeth the Virgin Queen, Elizabeth Bathory, Ramses II, Henry VIII, the Borgia Family, those are some I can name off the top of my head haha pretty much whenever there is chaos XD"

I hope that answers your question and thank you for asking! If anyone would like to ask something feel free to either comment or message and I will get back to you ASAP!

Now a question for all of you! Who is your favourite character in any of my stories and why? ;D

Happy reading!
Asteria
April 7th, 2013 at 02:46am