4:15:13?? A7X News

It began when a tweet from Avenged only consisting of the cryptic message was posted. Then there's all the buzz from Papa Gates and his various tweets:

“Stay up all night A7X fans! Something is going to happen at 4:15:13 that you won't believe!!!”
“4:15:13 - News about the new album!!!!”
“I guess you guys stayed up all night for nothing. Sorry. I thought I had cracked the code. Maybe it's tomorrow? Better stay up again tonight”


When I first saw that everyone was looking for something to happen today I thought that maybe it was just some type of mixup because I've been off of Twitter for almost a year now. So I had to reactivate and see what was going on. The tweets from Papa Gates, Zacky, and the Avenged Twitter accounts confirmed that there's something going on, but what?

4:15:13


What does this even mean? It could be so many things. Previous interviews stated that they were going into the studio earlier this year to record with hopes that they would have the album out sometime this Summer or maybe early Fall (I'm not quite sure). If that's so then maybe, just maybe, they have a single. Being a total optimist here, which quite unusual for me, but if so I'm totally excited. I've been dying to hear something new from them.

I., beyond better judgment, stayed awake hoping that the answer to all of my questions would come at midnight. Did they? Nope!! So I said forget it I'll just go to bed. Fast forward many sleepless hours later I saw that Papa Gates had tweeted this morning:

“Figured it out. 4:15:13 is not a time. It's a date. In the US, we put the month first. That means something will happen today! Can't wait!”


I completely lost it. At least it gave me some hope that this wasn't some big joke at the A7X family's expense. That would totally suck.

Then there's the obvious (or rather not so obvious if you lack in the religious department as I do). I kept looking at how they wrote out 4:15:13. I kept thinking back to when I was younger and I went to church often. The scriptures would be notated kind of in the same fashion, but like this 4:15-13, correctly 4:13-15 (Genesis).

“13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.”


Oh the possibilities!! Excitement is an understatement for me right about now. So I'm just going to impatiently wait out the next five hours and at 6 PM (4 PM Pacific) I'm going to find out. But knowing me I'm going to forget what the hell I was supposed to be doing and won't figure it out until a few days from now. Okay now I think my random obsession over this is now calming down.
April 15th, 2013 at 08:46pm