Getting jobs in the film industry+ Writers block!

Guys I am SUPER EXCITED! I went into career day at my home school. For once in my life, they had set up workshops of fields I am actually interested in. I went to the Film/entertainment workshop. The man that came in and presented did an excellent job. He was such inspiration, was confident in his work, and gave great advice. He runs his own film company, and he told me he would give me leads to a special effects makeup artists.

Well I called him twice over a period of two weeks, and after calling him today he called me back. He told me he put a word in for me into other companies. LEGIT COMPANIES! I thought he would just find FX artists floating around in the world. He is going to send me an e-mail later of there responses to his word out for me. SO EXCITED! I have a very good chance of becoming an apprentice! This is the start of training and getting my name out there. I'm just shitting my pants of excitement right now!
~~~

So I haven't been into the writing flow lately. It bums me out because I have two chaptered stories going on that people are subscribed to and want to read on. I JUST FEEL LIKE AN ASSHOLE!

I just feel like I'm in a rut everyday just going to school, then coming back home and sitting on my computer on here and writing. It's just.....boring. Old news. I'm desperately trying to get hired for a job and just getting out of the house and DOING STUFF!

Hopefully I get to hooked up with the makeup.
April 29th, 2013 at 10:22pm