Falling in Reverse: NEVER again.

Something really disturbed me yesterday.

I attended the Chattanooga, Tennessee show in the "Blood In Blood Out" tour with Hollywood Undead. Well, along with them, Falling in Reverse and American Fangs were playing. I was excited for the show; and waited, with everyone else, to see it.

The venue they appeared at was a small one; something maybe 1,000 people could fit in. After the show, we all headed outside. Some people left, however there were the small groups of people who stayed to try and meet some of the bands. American Fangs were out as soon as we left, signing things, handing out CD's and interacting with fans. A couple members of Hollywood Undead walked through the crowd, saying they would meet with everyone once they changed, showered, etc.

I was waiting with my friend for that moment, absent-mindedly talking to friends we made in the crowd, when we see people in the ticket will-call booth. When we get closer, we see that it is Falling in Reverse. As soon as my friend says something, they look right at us, laugh, duck, and run back into the venue.(The ticket booth is connected to the venue through a series of doors and hallways.)

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand if a band does not want to speak to a big, huge group of screaming fan-girls and boys who will just attack them with papers and body parts to sign. However, when it is just a few people (total of 3) that see you, and you are somewhere all you can do is talk (the openings where the tickets would go through was boarded up due to it being the end of the night), I don't see the big deal in a small conversation. "Hey, how did you like the show?" "Thank you for coming" "Ok, now we gotta get going." That would be acceptable! But, you run? Why not stay inside the venue until people are gone? Or sneak through the back where the other members of Hollywood Undead did to get to their tour bus.

I've heard negative things about Ronnie Radke and his antics with fans, but never found all of them to be 100% true, OR never figured that everyone else in the band would do the same thing.

I'm not personally sad about this, I am angry. There was a girl that was standing in front of me in the crowd, who CRIED when she saw Ronnie on stage. Now, how hurt would she be if she had seen Ronnie and the rest of Falling in Reverse and they LAUGHED at her and ran? She would be devastated.

I don't understand how someone could be so negative towards the fans, when they are who made you who you are today. If it hadn't been for the fans, Falling in Reverse wouldn't have taken off like it did. When Ronnie got dragged into the picture, after his jail time, most people who were/is an Escape the Fate fan, jumped on the Ronnie bandwagon, including myself, and began listening to Falling in Reverse.

However, after these antics, I am jumping off this bandwagon. Ronnie has a lot to say for himself for acting like that. I've never met a band that didn't want anything to do with their fans. This hurts because they are giving a bad name to all artists and bands. It was something that was not necessary, something that could have been avoided, and something that I will never forget.
Hollywood Undead is a bigger name than Falling in Reverse, but yet 3 of their members stopped outside, had a meet and greet, signed things, took pictures, everything. But Ronnie and his band-mates wouldn't even give a fan the time of day.

As for me, I refuse to be a fan of someone who won't acknowledge who made them who they are: the fans. If you can't appreciate and speak to the people who put the money in your pockets, then you don't deserve the dedication most fans, and I put into the bands we love.

-Kat
May 5th, 2013 at 05:59am