Bad orthography and how it affects your life.

To me,orthography in a story is a very important thing for me to familiarize with it and get along with the story. I can't read a story that goes like:

So he went to the supermarket and bought eggs yogurt bread and milk and walked out.Just as he walked out a stranger comes along and talks to him
Stranger-Give me ur money now
Main Character-Okay here just dont hurt me
Stranger-Get out of here and leave me alone
and the stranger left

he arrived at his house and plopped himself to bed not even changing clothes and after that he started eating his ice cream worried about that stranger that assaulted him.


Everything here horribly written was on purpose.

The point is, I don't really mind at all that there are a few orthographical errors, because, of course, nobody's perfect. But, please, for the sake of the reader, try to write correctly.

I'm not bashing here and I don't mean to offend anyone. I swear, I only want to help and the moment someone is pissed because of this blog, I'll make sure they see that I'm trying to help, this is just constructive criticism. Whenever I see mistakes like those, my words normally are to the writer:
Amazing storyline, but please check the story for the errors. No mean to offend, just a suggestion :)

Normally, they take it well. Others, well, not so much.

But the whole reason why I'm such a freak with this is because of the way my mother raised me. She would normally scold me if I said a word incorrectly, both in English and Spanish. Now that I study Catalan with my teacher, I asked him to scold me as well whenever I made a mistake so that I could catch on as quick as possible. Just an OCD of mine,nothing to worry about.

Now, in my country, Puerto Rico, we are a mixed race.
We are a quarter Indian, a quarter African and a quarter Spanish, so we are a mixed race.
Our Spanish is said to be good if spoken correctly due to the fact that we don't have an accent like in Spain and we can talk pretty well. However, the idiots of my country don't speak it properly. An example:
Aigan-Hayan it means have. It is pronounced A as in cat and yan
Aigan doesn't exist at all! I feel disgusted whenever I hear the word because it sounds gross.

But anyways, on Facebook, they write like this:
I L000VE T00 PAARTYY S000 F**ING MUUUCH!AAAAND MY FRI3ND5 AR3 TH3 BEE3T3ST F0R BAYING ME S0M3 ALC0H00L!!!! <3 L0000V3 U DW333B5!! ;)

I swear I just had a heart attack from the disgusting thing I have just written, but I did get my point across. Bad orthography doesn't work with me.

Image
This is my reaction when I see that on Facebook.

So,yeah,that's about it! And be ready, because I'm gonna teach you guys some Spanish here on Mibba ;)

Love you all!
-Demon
May 18th, 2013 at 09:31am