Closure?

I just started talking to my ex again and we basically agreed to become friends again, as long as our relationship is left in the past. It just feels so god damn strange to be talking to him. I told him I want to be friends because I miss being there for each other. He's honestly one of my best friends, my best guy friend even. It's going to be really hard for me to continue talking to him and accept the obvious fact- we are NEVER EVER getting back together (oops, quoted Taylor Swift there). In a way, I'm thrilled to be able to move on, but at the same time I want to just figure out what happened. I have answers, like I listed in a previous blog post, but I don't know if I got the ultimate closure I needed. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe, where our relationship never happened and we were always just friends. I'm okay with taking what I'm given, just a friendship, but it will never be the same. That breakup ruined us and I can tell. There's an obvious difference in tone but everything just feels off. But I can't change the past and he does not want to, so I'm going to continue moving on and hoping a potential guy comes along to make me feel better.

Did I mention my self esteem and self concept dropped after the breakup? Well, now I have.
May 19th, 2013 at 01:32am