Creating that long, lost 80's tape for that long, lost lover. WP005

I know I'm kind of late to this bandwagon, but I shall commence with this.

I Want To Know What Love Is- Foreigner

-I would choose this as my first song on the mix tape, as if to show that long, lost lover that I was still searching for them. I would show them that I am willing to learn how to love all over again if that was the case to win back this lover.

Kiss On My List-Daryl Hall & John Oates

-This one is to show that I am waiting to be with them again. It also shows I cannot wait to get frisky with this forgotten lover. I think this song, whether or not it has that much emotion, still demonstrates a unique sense of love.

Sweet Child O' Mine-Guns N' Roses

-This is definitely the song I would choose if my long, lost 80's lover was a girl. It talks about how safe this one girl makes this one guy feel. The song is just a great power ballad, and we can tell it is probably most people's favorite. Despite it's popularity, I still would place this on my mix tape.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn-Poison

-This is to represent that no matter the problems we'll encounter as a couple, that we can get over it, since...every rose has its thorn. No matter what, the love will be so pure and so great. It is only the thorn to get over.

I Want You Around- The Ramones

-I find this song very sweet. It's almost like the one above, only it goes more into detail. It speaks of how one lover wants the other around, yet is afraid because of the rumors going around. The song is also about society breaking up this couple, or even not letting them be together. Talk about Romeo+Juliet.

I Remember You- Skid Row

-The first time I heard this song, I was at a concert. I remember how much emotion it evoked out of me...it is a lovely song about remembering that long, lost lover. This would definitely be my last song on the small mix tape, even if mix tapes were usually a lot longer.

This was only meant to be an exercise. I don't actually have a long, lost lover.
-
May 19th, 2013 at 03:13pm