Of Mice & Men

So, I have a recent obsession with Of Mice & Men. It's really bad. Like, they're pretty much all I listen to with the exception of a few Bring Me The Horizon songs and one Pierce The Veil Song. Which, considering I listen to music about twenty hours a day- I even sleep with it, I only say twenty because sometimes my headphones fall out in my sleep. I just love Austin's screams, and the lyrics of the songs. For example, Repeating Apologies is one of my favorite songs by them- second only to OHIOISONFIRE- and I relate to every single word of it. For those of you who don't know, he's basically designing an apology that he wishes someone else would say to him. I don't know the exact story behind it, but I know it describes perfectly how I feel about my ex.

On the note of OM&M, I'm gonna go all fan girl on you guys here. I absolutely LOVE Austin Carlile. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Phil, Tino, Alan and Aaron a whole lot, but I'm convinced I actually love Austin more than my own family (Totally kidding about that, but I do love him a lot). I love everything about him, from his looks, to his tattoos and the stories behind them, to his Marfan's Syndrome(although I wish he didn't have it, I still love that it's a part of him), to his strength in everything. He's one of my biggest inspirations and I've written numerous papers on how he inspires me. He's sometimes the thing that's keeping me alive. I love him, and will continue to love him until I die.

I honestly haven't been an Of Mice & Men fan very long- just about six months- but I still love them as much as I've loved any band, and in the words of Alex Gaskarth, "It's not about who's been with a band from the beginning, it's about who's gonna be with them to the end." (Or some variant of that, I'm no good at quoting off the top of my head.) and I'm definitely going to be with OM&M until the end.
June 7th, 2013 at 01:56pm