Sometimes I think I'm way over my head: has anyone else felt this?

My summer started close at the end of May, and yet, already I can feel my schools heavy influence already settling in. The truth of the matter is...I hate summer reading. Don't get me wrong I love books, even the books assigned to me by my school (ex: Pride and Prejudice, The Book Thief, Of Mice and Men, A Thousand Splendid Sun's, and so on).
The truth of the matter is, is that it's my senior year...and I've still never been to a high school party. Granted, my school is not like the ones on TVS with it's little cliques, and what not, but I still feel so...old. I feel as if I've never got to experience that teenage lifestyle of boyfriends, breakups, mistakes, and rebellion. I was always so focused on school, always aiming for honors classes, IB and AP courses, and was so focused on trying to get straight As and my future that I feel as if I let my teenage years pass me by.
Why do I have to read four books over the summer with at least a thousand pages for each. Can I take a break? Well...I really have no reason to complain. I mean I asked for this. I asked to be challenged, I want to impress my peers and teachers....but now I all I want to do is rest. Travel. Maybe learn a new language.

Is it weird that I'm complaining over the choices I made? Maybe I should step down the ladder a little, maybe its just the lazy senior in me coming out...or maybe it's the fact I don't have enough time to do my summer reading. I only have two months for four books & a guide for three. I need to get my act together. I didn't come this far to give up...even though I want to so bad.
June 19th, 2013 at 09:53pm