What I love in stories. Rec me your story?

I've noticed a few of these, and I've seen the ones where people list the things they hate/dislike seeing in stories. Well, I'm going to attempt to list the things that I love seeing in stories, they don't pertain to either original or fanfiction, it's just in general what I like to see.

Parental situations.
Hear me out. I've never had a dad, my mom passed when I was 16 so when I read stories where something is happening to a parent, be it death, depression, illness, etc it really tugs at my heart strings...and I love that. Normally because you can feel how much the character loved the parent and it's just... idk I love it, so that's a huge one for me.

Traumatic twists.
Lately I'm getting into stories that don't have happy endings. Because...life doesn't have a happy ending and I admit I am getting tired of every single story I read having this happy-everything-worked-out-just-fine ending. Give me death, give me despair. I'm a masochist, make it hurt so good.

Coming out situations.
This doesn't just mean sexuality, I mean any kind of secret that was buried in the closet or under the house. I want secrets to eventually be revealed because you get that shock factor.

Mind blowing plots.
It is very rare that I find a story that has a plot where I sit there and go, "what the fuck just happened?" Like, I'll give you example, a family moves because of something that happens, their girls are seeing things, weird/crazy/creepy things are happening. At the end of the story, you learn one of the girls was either day or never real and the one doing all of these authorities was actually the girl who was seeing things.

Historical ghosts
I'm a sucker for them. Give me the history of what happened, I want the juicy details. I want to know how and why they died, I want to learn the aftermath, what lead up to it, and how the spirit acts after it's dead. I am a demanding bitch, I want it all.

Not over-dramatized romance.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE drama... but some people go OVER and it's problem after problem... after problem... after problem. Sometimes it's good to just have a clean-cut romance with maybe just one issue.

Scare factors.
I LOVE BEING SCARED. If you can scare me,I will love you forever and always. Almost like a stalker kind of love. I'm kidding. About loving being scared. I kid.Really. Honestly. noooo don't go look behind the curtain!

Romance in horror.
I know this is going to sound fucked up, but when someone romanticizes a serial murder... idk there's something amazing in that or... human x monster. Idk. I'm weird, I know, but I love it. And I rarely find the right kind of romance in horror that I LOVE.

Rec me your HORROR or HISTORICAL stories. I'm not in a romance mood. I want my pants to be scared off. I want to have to leave my lights on at night. Leave me things to scare me. Please.
June 21st, 2013 at 01:43am