Day Seven: My Favorites

Well, this is hard. I have a lot of favorite people. There are a few, so I’ll try to make this as short as humanly possible. We’ll start with the people I know in real life then we’ll go to the ones that I don’t know personally but I love just as much.

There’s my mother. I adore her, even though sometimes I’m less than patient with her. She’s been through a lot in her lifetime, had more pain than her fair share, and she survives. I always have, and always will, look up to her. While sometimes she annoys me with it, she has this childlike outlook on life that I cannot imagine having after all she’s been through. She looks for the good in people, always. I don’t know where I’d be without her.

The best friends. Lyndz and Sin are the best girl friends I could have ever asked for. Sin has been with me, my best friend for years, longer than a decade. She’s my drinking partner. While at times we don’t see eye to eye, at the end of the day, we know that we’re there for each other if the other needs it. Lyndz and I haven’t known each other as long, but we’ve been friends since freshman year, best friends since sophomore year in high school. She is such a nice person, I don’t think I’ve ever been mad or irritated at her. She was so shy when I first met her, but as soon as I got to know her, I respected her more and more. I’ve been lucky that she puts up with my less than sunny personality and I couldn’t imagine her not being in my life. After an irritating day, there’s nothing like sitting around a table and drinking a glass of wine with my besties, my sisters. I love them to death.

The guys. This one’s a toughy. The men in my life are mainly assholes. I wouldn’t say they’re my favorites, but they are pretty close. I won’t name any names, mainly because there’d be no living with them if they found out what I truly thought. Alright. We’ll start with number one. This is one of the first men who ever surprised me. I used to believe that I could tell just what was going to happen, but he’s the one that never stopped surprising me. He likes to put up a tough front and act like he’s just didn’t care about anyone, but he does. Though I give him a hard time and I’m generally bitchy to him, he’s a great guy in the grand scheme of things. He’s brilliant, funny, honest and he’s not the worst company I’ve ever kept. He can generally make me laugh, even when I’m pissed. He can keep up with my banter and brushes off my temper with a calm hand. Number two, knows I put up with him just because his honesty is refreshing. We don’t agree on much, but he always gives me his honest opinion and that’s why I keep him around. He never lies to me, he tells me the cold, hard truth of the matter, regardless of my feelings. That’s why he earned my respect, and why we’re pretty good friends. Though, a lot of people don’t understand that, it’s okay.

The people I don’t know in real life, but are some of the greatest people I’ve ever ‘met’. All of which, I started talking to on here. Jinx, that wonderful, clumsy woman. It was when I first started talking to her that I realized that this woman was one of my soul-mates. I have a few sisters of my soul, and she is just one of them. She’s violent, hilarious and an all around good person. We don’t talk as much as I’d like, but still, we can pick up right where we left off. Scratch is next. She is quite possibly one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and it makes me want to lash out violently to those who even look at her the wrong way. She’s such a beautiful person. She’s the one who I send random, sometimes quite intoxicated texts to and she never asks questions, she just responds in turn. I adore that girl, and would do anything for her. Next, there’s my most precious evil friend ever. Seven. This girl is twisted as fuck, and I wouldn’t have her any other way. She’s humorous, violent and an all around joy to talk to. We joke back and forth, but I’d kill for her. She encourages my sadistic nature, gives me wonderful advice (that I generally don’t follow, but end up wishing I did) and meets my insanity with her own. We have the weirdest conversations about everything from religion to midget porn and I enjoy each and every minute of it.

All in all, I would do anything for these people. They make my life. They’re some of the best people I’ve ever known and I’m honored to know them and call them family. Family that is loyal to you is hard to find, but I’ve found mine.
July 2nd, 2013 at 08:47pm