Oh sugar!

Bonjour mon Mibba amis!
The background context of this fairly dull blog is the fact that it is July. In July, it is pretty much <b>all</b> of my friends' birthdays, and considering I'm one of the youngest, it's <b>always</b> a struggle to afford presents that are as wonderful as the recipients. In particular, this month I have only ten pathetic pounds to share between my friends, who will be around five soon-to-be-seventeen year olds and my boyfriend, who is coming eighteen. I evidently need a serious miracle.
So... I decided to rely on trusty Google to splutter out not degradingly cheap, but not overly expensive gifts, preferably ones that I could create myself, to give to my friends. In a nutshell, make them homemade gifts.
I'm not entirely sure about this idea though, because it's difficult to figure out whether they would acknowledge my effort of making the gifts, rather than simply seeing a degrading literal side of things -a cheap, instant, dodgy coloured soap that smells of dead grass as an excuse for a gift (a probable product of my creativity and increasingly worrying experiments)for their seventeenth birthday. <I>I just don't want to let them down!</I> Obviously, I want to keep certain ideas secret, so those particular ones won't be revealed, however I don't think I'll be able to do any of the ideas listed below, so any other creative ideas similar to these, possibly with instructions, would be greatly appreciated!
-Homemade face masks
-Homemade lip balm
-Homemade soap

Thank you!
Au reviour!
Georgie xox
July 10th, 2013 at 06:44am