I Look to You

There was about a year in my life when everything was wrong. It seemed like everyday something else would go awry and I was just there, in the middle of it. It was a lot to take in; I was struggling.
One day, while in the car with my mom and dad, a song came on. It was a part of my mom’s favorite CD by Selah. I remember just sitting there, really taking in the lyrics. I realized that this song--written by someone who has never met me, who has absolutely no idea what is going on in my life--was exactly what I needed to hear. It was like a prayer, from me to God. It reassured me that, even when your life is up and down, God is constant. He is an undying power, a fortress of comfort; and anytime I’m struggling, anytime I feel like I’m trying to fight a losing battle, I recognize that God is my armor. I am not fighting alone, because I have God; and God only gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. Even today, singing this song, I am reminded of all the times I’ve been in turbulence, every time I’ve cried because I felt so lost and alone in what I was dealing with, and that in any time I feel that way, I can just look to God.
I assure you: there is absolutely NO problem or situation that is too big for God to handle. After all, He created everything. The heavens, the earth, even the billions of galaxies that we as humans cannot even reach. He is a mighty God. I encourage you, anytime you’re dealing with something that you’re too small to cope with, look to God for relief. Because, even after all your strength is gone, in Him you can be strong. And when melodies have vanished, in Him you can hear a song.

I look to you when my levies are broken,
My walls have come crumbling down on me.
When the rain is falling,
Defeat is calling,
I need you to set me free.
Take me far away from the battle.
I need you to shine on me.
I look to you.

This was my prayer. And I know for a fact, that God heard me. I would be completely lost if I did not have Him. I thank Him every day for bringing me through the hard times, for the joyous times He has blessed me with, and for allowing me the gift of music to glorify and praise Him. My God is amazing. I can always look to Him.
July 21st, 2013 at 09:14am