"You need to go on a diet!"

So, you all know about the freshman 15 right? or the Fresher Five? Well read this if you don't.

Anyways, I'm now semester break and I'll be coming in as a sophomore. I know I have gained weight over the year, mostly because I often choose fast food over home cooked meal, simply because it is less of a hassle. I noticed the weight gain when it gets harder for me to fit into my jeans and my boobs got bigger. I figured it's pretty normal for me to gain weight because everybody in my circle seemed to gained weight as well.

So when I went home for the break, the first thing my brother said was 'Geez, you're fat. What the hell happened?' Since, it's my brother, I decided to just ignore it because he makes fun of me on a daily basis. But a week ago, for the Hari Raya celebration, it's customary for us to have this huge family gatherings and feast on the Hari Raya food. I met cousins and relatives I haven't seen in years and most of their reactions were... I have to say, unpleasant. With my hair dyed purple and the piercings I have sticking out of my mouth, they were shocked and confused with my transformation. I had seen it coming, that's why I wasn't really offended by it. The thing that got me down was almost everyone that day commented on the fact that I gained weight, even some of my aunts or distant cousins actually told me to go on a diet.

These past few days I start to feel shit about myself and dressing up has been such a bitch for me. I constantly feel shit about how my thighs look in jeans, how my arms look like a giant flabby chicken whenever I wear something sleeveless and the fact that I fucking look pregnant whenever I wear something formfitting.

Because of that, I decided to go on a diet. Not the scary crash-diet type, I know I would die if I do that, so I'm now trying to have a sugar-free life, no carbs, and plenty of exercise. I have a month left until I have to go back to University, I just hope I can keep this up and not give up half-way.
August 17th, 2013 at 10:18am