Soundwave 2014! Hell Yes! Avenged is coming to Australia!

It's official, Avenged will be here February 2014! They're playing an awesome festival we have called Soundwave and I'm excited!

To be honest, I originally kind of didn't want them to be on the festival line up. Why? Well, when it comes to my favourite bands, I prefer to see them on their own tours than at festivals, but since I've seen a7x 3 times already, I suppose I can deal with seeing them at the festival this time around.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy festivals, but since I have a back injury that makes standing for longer than about 10-15 minutes painful, I'm a little worried about how I'll go. But the plan is to work on my weight and get it back down to a healthy number, then maybe it'll take some pressure off and help me out. If not, I'll just have to rely on my pain killers!

And they'll do a Sidewave (sideshow) which I'll attend as well. But considering the AWESOME line up for the festival, I'm can't miss out on going to that too.

Image

See? How awesome is that?! A7X, Alkaline Trio, AFI, Korn, Placebo, GWAR, Rob Zombie and Green Day (although I'm hoping to hear older stuff, not a fan of the politically driven songs of these days). Pretty awesome, if you ask me!

AND

There's still a second announcement to come... with a third Headliner to be revealed. I swear, if it's Rancid... I just might scream. I have been waiting for YEARS to see that band... they haven't been here since '96. Ridiculous!

But who knows? I assume it's more likely to be a metal style band, but a girl can still dream, right? ;)
August 23rd, 2013 at 08:45am