so i heard you were looking for new music.

I really like music. Like a lot. But one thing I like more than just music itself is discovering new music, and then sharing it with people. Really honestly, even when I don't think I'm looking. I always manage to find some new stuff one way or another. It's like finding money in a pocket of old jeans, and it's a fantastic feeling.

So back on the topic of sharing the music I find with other people. I thought I could do that here (although I'm not sure if this sort of thing would be better categorized as a thread in the form, though I do like the idea of having a set weekly thing that can branch of into other discussion or whatever as opposed to the regular format of a thread). Maybe I could even make it a regular thing. Like once a week or so. And you guys could comment and tell me if you liked a certain song, or suggest new music for me, I could even suggest more music that's similar to what you already like, or I could make playlists for certain moods/events. Things like that, and I'm totally open to suggestions of what you'd want to see. I'm just hoping to get some sort of community feeling out of this, y'know?

NOTE: I feel it should be said that you may not be into the music I like, though I do listen to a fairly wide variety of genres though it can probably be most easily and generally categorized into Indie (and most sub genres), Reggae (and most sub genres), and Rock (and a few sub genres), and that's totally okay. Feel free to share with me what you do like. Just please don't bash me for what I like, and I will most definitely respect your taste as well.

This first one is probably going to suck as I'm still figuring out the format and content as well as I'll probably have very few readers. It's gonna take some time to build this up into something good, if it even gets that far as this whole thing could be a terrible idea. So with that said, I'm just going to start with ten or so of my favorite songs (in no particular order) and leave it at that for now. If I get even one positive comment with some suggestions/feedback, I'll do this again sometime very soon and make it even better.

#1

Song: Myth
Artist: Beach House
Album: Bloom

#2

Song: Smoking Gun
Artist: Lady of the Sunshine
Album: Smoking Gun

#3

Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper
Artist: Blue Oyster Cult
Album: Agents of Fortune

#4

Song: Sweet Honey
Artist: Slightly Stoopid
Album: Everything You Need

#5

Song: Sappy
Artist: Nirvana
Album: With the Lights Out

#6

Song: You're a Wolf
Artist: Sea Wolf
Album: Leaves in the River

#7

Song: Fineshrine
Artist: Purity Ring
Album: Shrines

#8

Song: Bleeders
Artist: The Trouble With Templeton
Album: Bleeders

#9

Song: Badfish
Artist: Sublime
Album: 40oz. to Freedom

#10

Song: Time to Pretend
Artist: MGMT
Album: Oracular Spectacular

There. That's that. I've barely even scratched the surface of what I listen to. Still got a few thousand songs to go, and many other genres I didn't even touch yet. Let me know ideas for content, and just general feedback.

x sarah
August 27th, 2013 at 01:40am