Author Interview for "CharmedLuna"

1.Do you have any nicknames?

My roommate calls me Taco. Another friend has me on her phone (or did) as Jane Austen.

2.How long have you been a member here on Mibba?

Uh…since May 2008 so… five years. WOW! Holy shit! Haha I never made the math until now.

3.Which story that you've posted on Mibba has been your favorite?

My favorite has to be Be My Little Lover.

4.What do you think personally sets you apart from other writers?

I’m not sure. I don’t think I’m too different from the other writers. I just write more sex now. I do try to stay as realistic as possible. By that I mean I try to write a real life reaction to like finding out you’ve been cheated on or something like that.

5.How or where do you get your story ideas from?

My ideas come from various places. It’s mostly from my own daydreaming and then part of it is music.

6.Do you write poetry at all?

I had to write poems for my Creative Writing class in college. I wrote one of Brian, and then one of Dexter. But honestly, I think I suck at it.

7.What fandoms or bandoms have you written about?

They aren’t the same thing? Lol. Okay well I love Supernatural (I actually wrote a story for it, but it was on Quizilla). As everyone knows I write about Avenged Sevenfold. But I’m trying new things and bands and so I’ve done some Pierce the Veil and Of Mice & Men. I think I did an Adam Gontier one-shot.

OH! Duh! I wrote Twilight fan-fic. Hahaha. Yeah, it was a phase, but I don’t regret it because people tell me they discovered Avenged Sevenfold through a particular story or two where I mentioned them and… added them into the story.

Oh, Harry Potter, duh, again. I still have a co-write with Overflowing Ashtray of Draco/Ron (not slash) fanfic.

8.What kinds of stories do you like to read? (For example) What genres?

I prefer romance. I’m a sucker for it, but if I find a good horror one or just a thriller I’ll read it.

9.What rating do you prefer the stories you read to have?

NC-17. Just cause I’m a perv and I hope there will be sex in future chapters haha.

10.What or who inspired you to first start writing?

It was authors from another writing website called Quizilla. I can’t remember their names, but they were good. At Quizilla I met some authors I admire now. But published authors it would be Jane Austen. She is my ultimate favorite. I love how she gave all of her characters happy endings because she never got hers. I’ve seen the movie Becoming Jane many, many times.

11.Do you see yourself still writing stories in ten years?

Yes, if I’m not then I’ll be in jail for mass murder.

12.Do you ever aspire to have some of your work published one day?

All the time! God, I even imagine little book clubs talking about my book and doing interviews and being scared someone might recognize me from Mibba and be like “you wrote the best smut ever!” hahaha. I daydream a lot.

13.What in your definition makes a good story/author?

To me a good author writes for themselves. Yes, it’s nice to get comments, but people who write just to get comments are not enjoying writing in the first place!

14.What is one pet peeve you have when it comes to your own writing?

I hate that I’m not as descriptive as I think I should be. I could use more vocabulary. Haha. Buy a thesaurus.

15.What is one pet peeve you have when it comes to other people's writing?

When they don’t separate dialogue. Oh, it boils my blood, when I see that.

16.What is your favorite published book?

Pride and Prejudice.

17.Name three of your favorite stories from right here on Mibba.

Not With Haste, One More Night, and Coming Back To Me Now.

18.When you sit down to write, explain what it looks like. For instance....Do you sit at a desk and type or do you like to curl up on the couch with your lap top and get comfy while typing away?

I used to have a desk, but when my roommate moved into my little, tiny room I had to take out my chair, so I have my desk, but it’s now used for the stuff for my hair and nail polishes. So now, I’ll have my laptop on my lap (hehe) and type like that.

I don’t like it. So I’ll go to a Starbucks or my school library and write there. I go to Starbucks when I don’t have my school library available during the breaks. I’m not proud of writing smut in public places. I get paranoid they’re reading over my shoulder or while they’re passing along.

19.Name five of your favorite authors on Mibba.

Overflowing Ashtray, ManicFame, dani., pawnsinplay, and so sedated.

20.Do you have anything you'd like to say to growing authors out there?

Stay true to yourself. Write because it’s what you love! We all start from nothing (like me) and then get somewhere by not giving up! Five years later, here I am still writing. Yes, it’s frustrating not getting feedback, but I hope it’s not why you started writing in the first place. Keep going and keep writing.

21.I took the time to notice that you write a lot of Fan Fiction about Avenged Sevenfold...Who is your favorite member if any and why do you enjoy writing about them?

My favorite band member is M. Shadows. It all started ten years ago when I heard Waking The Fallen, and I heard “I Won’t See You Tonight Pt1”. I had no idea what he looked like, but I knew the singer was my favorite just because of his voice. A year later, I found out what he looked like and I was hooked.

I like to write about them because they’ve been a part of my life for so long. I can see them in so many different situations and as different creatures. Also people had asked me to write something of them when I had added them in my Twilight fanfic. I was scared because I didn’t think I was good enough for that. Back then, there were so MANY authors and stories. I was overwhelmed by the warm welcome. But Avenged Sevenfold fans, the ones I’ve met and friends I’ve made here, have been the best.

22.Do you use any other writing sites?

No. I tried Wattpad (someone stole a story of mine there) and then the livejournal was boring. I like how Mibba lets us make our layouts. I love making banners and layouts.

23.Can you remember what the best comment on one of your stories was?

I don’t have a specific one, but I love the ones who tell me that they hate a certain character. I’ve made Matt Tuck a very hateful man in my stories, haha. So I love when they get into the story that they hate a character with a fiery passion.

24.Have you ever been temporarily banned from Mibba?

I have not! But if I was, I would probably cry because I don’t like getting in trouble. I’ve always been a teacher’s pet. I don’t bash anyone here, so I think I’m in the clear. If I need to really vent, verbally, I’ll go to my Tumblr.

25.Ever received any hate mail?

Not like “I hate you. You should stop writing”. I think I’ve gotten messages about how they were going to stop reading because they didn’t like how I did something. I’m very friendly so I just told her she’s entitled to her opinion and that I’d hoped she find something else to make her happy. Actually, I don’t think it was even on Mibba. It happened at Quizilla.
September 1st, 2013 at 05:21am